Apple TV 4K Owners Thread

I stil cannot get Youtube to work on my Apple TV 4K 2021 version. I only get video but no audio. I am using it with an Arcam 550. Any ideas please?

Works for me but for HDR I need to set video output to 4K HDR 60Hz. Hoping this issue is resolved which means I can kiss goodbye to TV Apps completely.

Apple TV arcade games - I am unable to use X-BOX controller to play games although its connected (e.g. Real Racing 3). Gameplay works only via the ATV Siri remote. Any help would be appreciated.

Apple TV arcade games - I am unable to use X-BOX controller to play games although its connected (e.g. Real Racing 3). Gameplay works only via the ATV Siri remote. Any help would be appreciated.
Don’t have much knowledge, but have got it working before. Make sure the Xbox is unplugged. Make sure the game is compatible with third party controllers,

Fixed it. Was due to running my old ATV on older firmware .

Worked fine with my 2021 ATV box after upgrading controller's firmware.

Anyone having issues with HBO max/dns4me tonight? Often getting buffering problems but tonight the app won't even connect.

It looks like it’s a dns4me issue as i can get it working on my iPad with a separate VPN client.

I gave up using my Apple TV for HBO max. I find the firestick 4K or firetv cube with express vpn app installed has been perfect. All HBO max shows I have watched including Suicide squad last night were perfect in 4K hdr with atmos. When I used on Apple TV it kept crashing or freezing. I use my Apple TV for everything else but HBO max

I gave up using my Apple TV for HBO max. I find the firestick 4K or firetv cube with express vpn app installed has been perfect. All HBO max shows I have watched including Suicide squad last night were perfect in 4K hdr with atmos. When I used on Apple TV it kept crashing or freezing. I use my Apple TV for everything else but HBO max
We started The Suicide Squad last night and it was fine in 4k DV. Not experienced crashing, just buffering which I put down to dns4me.

Definitely an issue currently as the apps not even loading but watched Suicide Squad last night no issues at all using DNS4ME.

HBOMAX Twitter account is full of people complaining about the app and it’s performance across all platforms.

Is HDR still not working on the Amazon Prime app?

Nope, watched Lochdown last night which was 4K according to the swipe down but no HDR.
Has this recently gone off? It was working last week but not last night. Couldn't get it to work on Bosch.

Wasn’t working last Sunday when I watched a couple of episodes of Bosch.

Seems to happen a lot on Amazon.

Yes, seems to be very hit and miss whether you get HDR or not on this app these days.

Yes, seems to be very hit and miss whether you get HDR or not on this app these days.
Is it something to do with the beta? I have beta software enabled so might turn it off and see if that makes any difference.

I’ve never used the Apple TV for Amazon or Netflix to be honest, always use the TVs in built app which allows HDR where available, I guess if you don’t have the option of the TV having built in apps then that would make sense in why it would be a problem. But HDR operates fine currently via Prime on an LG OLED.

I just found out that once you've installed tvOS 15 you can't go back to 14 so that's that then!

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but Amazon recently adopted HDR10+ as opposed to DV, so wonder if the titles that don’t engage hdr are maybe encoded wrong and thus the issue that occurs?

probably not, but you never know

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but Amazon recently adopted HDR10+ as opposed to DV, so wonder if the titles that don’t engage hdr are maybe encoded wrong and thus the issue that occurs?

probably not, but you never know

works fine via Sony and LG sets (which also do not support HDR10+)

Amazon have been using HDR10+ since the back end of 2017

works fine via Sony and LG sets (which also do not support HDR10+)

Amazon have been using HDR10+ since the back end of 2017

but this is issue is not unique to appletv though, so it's definitely something wrong at the amazon end.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom