Apple TV 4K Owners Thread

giphy (2).gif

So ATV+ quality has been reduced but does anyone have any indication whether iTunes movies played on an ATV4K has been reduced?

So ATV+ quality has been reduced but does anyone have any indication whether iTunes movies played on an ATV4K has been reduced?

I've noticed no difference, but then I didn't notice any difference with TV+ content either.

When I measured a few days ago the bit rate for iTunes movies was really high - so I don’t think there is change there

Just got my first ever Apple TV 4K 64GB installed tonight - loving it so far!

Quick question - how do you know if it’s outputting Dolby Vision? For example on the Netflix app on my Panasonic tv it will say Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos in the top right hand corner when I press play but when I play Netflix through Apple TV it doesn’t and the same episode is only 5.1 not Atmos?

First steps make sure youre using a premium certified or possibly amazon basics HDMI. In the options enable match range and framerate.

You will find other output format options including enabling DV. As a test set the output format to DV 30 or 60Hz and there is also a check connection option. With match range on you can then put the default back to SDR and apps like Netflix will change back to DV as required

The ATV 4K audio can either be 5.1, or PCM with Atmos if the receiver or TV can handle PCM with Atmos. The ATV doesnt output DD+ with Atmos like every other box does,

I was watching "Leon" earlier this evening and noticed what I thought was skipped frames every so often. Every time I went back and played that part again, there was no glitch. On the odd occasion that I've had a movie skipping frames, it's always been at the exact same times. I wonder if the current reduction in bitrates is causing the odd glitch? I didn't have any issues at all watching Netflix and Amazon content during the daytime, maybe higher streaming volumes during the evening is causing the issue?

So what’s the latest on a new unit being released ?. I was thinking of picking up a current unit to test Netflix and Disney + frame rate matching but if a new units imminent I will wait.

So what’s the latest on a new unit being released ?. I was thinking of picking up a current unit to test Netflix and Disney + frame rate matching but if a new units imminent I will wait.
There probably won’t be anything official announced until Apples WWDC in June.

There probably won’t be anything official announced until Apples WWDC in June.
Thanks, there was an influx of used 4k tvs in the classifieds recently but now nothing!

Yes, there were lots of shows that were shown during the summer hols when I was a kid. "Robinson Crusoe" and "White Horses" as well. I didn't realise at the time (early 70s for me), but most of those series were reruns and probably at least 10 years old when I was watching them.

....................... and "The Flashing Blade"................."it's better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all".

I watched the Mandalorian episode 3 yesterday on the ATV 4K and I thought the audio/video quality was better than the first 2 eps. It could have been due to this episode being a little more exciting than the previous 2 - George

....................... and "The Flashing Blade"................."it's better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all".
Belle and Sebastian as well. Great memories and I have them all on disc now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom