Apple TV 4K Owners Thread

I see tvOS 13.3 is going to bring back ‘up next’ in the ATV app top shelf display.

About time.

I'm on the beta and its such a relief to have this back. If only netflix would follow suit and turn off the annoying autoplay on the main page, atleast make it a setting!

Yeah, I didn't have any problems with Ghostbusters (1984) when I watched it without doing the input switch thing but that might just be because none of the scenes trigger it. However, watching The Morning Show immediately displayed the issue in the opening scenes of the first episode, and the workaround got it to display properly. This makes me believe this issue rests with ATV app itself as there is no such issue with DV content via the ATV Netflix app.

Exactly the same issue here. I cant play anything on ATV+ without it looking like a negative type image. I found fast forwading a little 'sometimes' fixes it.
In my opinion its either a problem with Apple TV or my HDMI cables arent up to it. I havent bought any for quite a long while.
Any other DV content is fine i.e Netflix. Seeing as the Apple content is much higher quality with ATV+, leads me to blame my cables.
Beta 13.3 didnt fix anything for me btw.

Last edited:
Its not beta mode - perhaps youre thinking about the UHD demo thats in the same menu?
UHD is a normal feature of iPlayer on supported platforms - lots of TVs. That platform also has to support HLG - which Ive never seen on ATV 4K.

Until recently the main streaming apps Netlfix, Prime, iPlayer, Youtube, NowTV have had better functionality on my TV than ATV 4K - e.g. Youtube 4K and iplayer 4K HLG support. The new ATV+ app has the advantage of DV and Atmos and is ahead of other platforms.

Its not beta mode - perhaps youre thinking about the UHD demo thats in the same menu?
UHD is a normal feature of iPlayer on supported platforms - lots of TVs. That platform also has to support HLG - which Ive never seen on ATV 4K.

Until recently the main streaming apps Netlfix, Prime, iPlayer, Youtube, NowTV have had better functionality on my TV than ATV 4K - e.g. Youtube 4K and iplayer 4K HLG support. The new ATV+ app has the advantage of DV and Atmos and is ahead of other platforms.

I thought you had to be in beta mode to get in HDR, perhaps not. Either way it's a disappointment that it won't play as UHD HLG from my ATV 4K

ETA: Beta mode was in reference to the Roku 4k stick and Panasonic iPlayer apps

The combo of TV and box is quite important as it's rare for either to do everything.
My C8 does iplayer & youtube in 4K HLG and Netflix & Prime in DV/Atmos. But although the Disney+ app is coming to LG it's already pretty much the end of the road for TV updates for me - no Airplay / Apple TV and no HDR10+ used by Prime as examples. The ATV 4K does a fantastic job with Itunes movies and ATV+ both in DV/Atmos.

I can make do using a combination of TV apps and ATV but get audio sync issues when using ARC so will favour apps on the ATV

I thought you had to be in beta mode to get in HDR, perhaps not. Either way it's a disappointment that it won't play as UHD HLG from my ATV 4K

ETA: Beta mode was in reference to the Roku 4k stick and Panasonic iPlayer apps
I thought you were correct. I have been watching iplayer by onboard tv app beta mode for UHD.

I am watching Apple TV+, but cannot get it to remember what episode I'm up to, or at what point. When I go back into the app, and select the required programme, it takes me back to ep 1. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or are they getting placed at the correct ep?

There's only three episodes at the moment, not really a challenge to keep up!

Is there a day all new episodes drop or is it staggered?

Episode 4 of all of them appeared on Friday 8th, so 15th for episode 5 I expect.

I think I saw somewhere that new eps drop on Fridays at 8.00am.

I think somewhere in this thread there’s a list of dates, with the last new eps dropping of Friday 20th December.

Only watched The Morning Show so far, which is great.

Going to make my third attempt to watch See later, both previous goes I tried to watch it quite late and fell asleep. Having only seen the first 15 minutes of the first ep, I can’t tell yet if that’s a reflection on the quality of the show:D

I'm enjoying The Elephant Queen.

2 episodes into See and the quality of the stream is simply fantastic on my OLED. I’m seeing no evidence it’s a compressed stream - indistinguishable to me from a UHD.

The sound quality is great too, lots of nice bass rumble, and placement of sounds in my surround setup.

The animal sounds in ep 2 have our cat bolting out the room... always a good sign of quality :rotfl:

Now here’s a bit of interesting useless information for you all.
Via the TV app it knows if you previously bought a movie boxset.
6506C88F-F0D0-48D0-AE6B-1392BAF245CD.jpeg
BA11D88F-70B6-4F4D-B93E-B3E90DBBE79D.jpeg
A4434AB5-0852-4082-8707-837D10D3B137.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom