Apple TV 4K Owners Thread

I have a white silicon case on my remote which is non symmetrical so I can see at a glance which way round it is. Also stops it being so slippy.
Thanks so much for the heads up. Just arrived. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5775.jpg
    IMG_5775.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 87
Anyone have issues with the pause button not working in the Apple app? Doesn't work with my harmony or the standard remote.

Anyone have issues with the pause button not working in the Apple app? Doesn't work with my harmony or the standard remote.
Had it a lot but a restart (unplugging and a switching back on cleared it).

Hello - do any other users of Infuse find that lossless HD movie tracks don’t sound quite right?

Im finding that movies with Dolby True HD often sound muffled playing via Infuse.

I suspect it may be that my (Denon) AVR’s processing sounds different applied to LPCM vs untouched bitsreamed Dolby (and DTS) audio. Which of course wouldn’t be Infuses fault. I use two post-processing features - a volume levelling feature and upmixing (to my Atmos heights).

Just curious if anyone else finds this?

Hello - do any other users of Infuse find that lossless HD movie tracks don’t sound quite right?

Im finding that movies with Dolby True HD often sound muffled playing via Infuse.

I suspect it may be that my (Denon) AVR’s processing sounds different applied to LPCM vs untouched bitsreamed Dolby (and DTS) audio. Which of course wouldn’t be Infuses fault. I use two post-processing features - a volume levelling feature and upmixing (to my Atmos heights).

Hi mate,

something you can try, just for testing purposes. force the atv to output as DD, I appreciate the quality will be worse but as your denon will be receiving the audio in the DD container you can see if there is any difference in how your amp handles it versus PCM

A bit of information some of you may find useful.
You can Airplay from Fandangonow via iPhone without the need of a VPN or Smart DNS on the ATV.

Interesting. I've experienced that also on lossless audio movie tracks on Infuse 5.9.6 on ATV 4K. I'd put it down to my ears or an incorrect setting, but maybe it's real. It's not completely broken but mildly muffled or mildly veiled. In some respects the matching lossy track sounds better. I'm down-mixing to a stereo DAC.

Hi mate,

something you can try, just for testing purposes. force the atv to output as DD, I appreciate the quality will be worse but as your denon will be receiving the audio in the DD container you can see if there is any difference in how your amp handles it versus PCM

Thanks, mate.

I tried forcing DD output and selecting the AC3 track (which I included in the file) in the Plex app and it all still didn’t sound great. In fact it sounded just the same to my ears, and like playing the AC3 soundtrack on my Vero 4K. Ie, playing the Dolby True HD on Infuse, sounds like playing the Movies’s AC3 track on my Vero 4K. And playing the True HD/Atmos track on my Vero 4K sounds miles better than any supposedly lossless decoding on the ATV.

I’m a bit suspicious Infuse might only be decoding the core AC3, instead of the True HD as it’s supposed to. Perhaps due to an issue with the file. Will try to A/B test some other files when I get a chance.

Interesting to hear I’m not the only one who’s wondered if something’s up.

I find that the best sound I hear from my Apple TV is from infuse playing lossless audio tracks. I have no issues whatsoever. I’m using a Yamaha amp.

I find that the best sound I hear from my Apple TV is from infuse playing lossless audio tracks. I have no issues whatsoever. I’m using a Yamaha amp.
Same. Sound is much better through infuse on my Yamaha app. The Apple TV one seems to be all over the place for me since the last update sound wise.

I always leave my amp in 'straight' mode so it just takes the channels that come out of the ATV unaltered. I only switch on processing for stereo or mono material to throw it round all my speakers. All movies sound great that way. I found it I upmixed 5.1 to 7.2.1 it often sounded worse than untouched.

I always leave my amp in 'straight' mode so it just takes the channels that come out of the ATV unaltered. I only switch on processing for stereo or mono material to throw it round all my speakers. All movies sound great that way. I found it I upmixed 5.1 to 7.2.1 it often sounded worse than untouched.

Agreed. I use Straight as well so audio playback reflects the unaltered source. Audio sounds great. I do the same for video and let my tv handle what ever the source material is.

Thanks. An annoyance with my Denon AVR is that Dolby Surround is conflated with Atmos. So if you disable Dolby Surround upmixing on some non-Atmos content, it has the ill effect of disabling Atmos on the Atmos content.

So I tend to leave it on just for simplicity. To be honest I normally quite like it when I’ve done A/B comparisons, but it’s very subjective I know, and also depends how it interacts with the room-specific EQ correction.

Is BBC iPlayer working for anyone else?
All I’m getting is Something went wrong Please try again later.

Edit: never mind, deleted the app, downloaded again and now seems to be working as it should.

Last edited:
No problems with iPlayer, but Netflix is a blank screen, but can get it via TV's apps.
Netflix is working fine for me.
If a Force close down of the app or a restart of ATV don’t get it to work then try deleting and redownloading the app.

hi guys, did anyone faced a problem that Apple TV 4k can not output dolby atmos through a Pioneer receiver (dolby atmos able)?the receiver model is Sc-lx 58

hi guys, did anyone faced a problem that Apple TV 4k can not output dolby atmos through a Pioneer receiver (dolby atmos able)?the receiver model is Sc-lx 58

Hi

My ATV 4K plays fine through my pioneer amp in Dolby atmos. But it’s going SDR to my projector in case that makes a difference?

Cheers

Hi

My ATV 4K plays fine through my pioneer amp in Dolby atmos. But it’s going SDR to my projector in case that makes a difference?

Cheers
I also have a projector - a jvc DIL-A Rs 49. it has 4k shift and it can pass 4k signal up to 60fps. I have no issue with the picture, which is actually very good, better than 1080p. my problem is that dolby atmos from Apple TV 4k can not be recognized by my Pioneer SC-LX 58. do you happen to know if other forum members had this issue.
thanks for the reply mate!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom