Apple TV 4K Netflix NOT switching to HDR?

Tomnook80

Hi all,
Having a strange issue at the moment with my Apple TV 4K which I've plugged in all of 15 minutes ago from new. I've set it to run with match frame and dynamic range and all seemed well. It plays the moves I've purchased from the Apple store in Dolby Vision and HDR without issue.

However, Netflix will recognise Dolby Vision but not HDR. I have updated to the latest firmware (but also tried the one it shipped with) and have tried a restart and have the same issue. It's a wired connection so not sure what's going on here. I have my settings to match range and frame rate. I've tried my format in 4K SDR and 4K Dolby Vision and same issue. I have the TV plugged directly into my Denon 2700h and then earced to my OLED. I've never experienced this issue with a Shield or anything else. Any idea what's going on?

I have also checked, it isn't just not displaying the HDR logo, there is no HDR on Netflix Ultra HD content. Weirdly Netflix tells me it's a 4K show - like the app on my TV - but just won't recognise the HDR.

Any ideas please?

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Netflix doesn’t have HDR content does it, pretty sure there’s only Dolby Vision on Dolby Vision devices, Ultra HD 4K content is just SDR.
Pretty sure you’ll only see HDR on none DV devices.
I’ve compared my TVs app to my ATV4K and they’re both the same with the Ultra HD 4K content from what I can see.
What particular shows/movies are you referring to and I’ll have a look when I get a chance.

Tomnook80

Ok...so this now sorted, I was victim on my own idiocy! Thanks for your offer to try some stuff. I'm sure I watched Basketball or Nothing and Ghostbusters with HDR on...obviously not! Another member has kindly confirmed they are SDR. All working now. God it's been ages since I've had any Apple products...can you tell!? :D
Netflix doesn’t have HDR content does it, pretty sure there’s only Dolby Vision on Dolby Vision devices, Ultra HD 4K content is just SDR.
Pretty sure you’ll only see HDR on none DV devices.
I’ve compared my TVs app to my ATV4K and they’re both the same with the Ultra HD 4K content from what I can see.
What particular shows/movies are you referring to and I’ll have a look when I get a chance.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom