Apple TV 4K lip issues sync on iTunes 5.1 soundtracks.

Tomnook80

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
My setup is as follows: LG CX OLED into a Denon 2700h. I currently have an Apple TV 4K (newest model) into the CX and earc to the amp. I've also tried the Apple TV direct into the amp and the following issues persist.

I've simplified my setup from a Plex server to an Apple TV 4K which is generally great and far superior to my TV apps, however there is an issue which only occurs with purchased iTunes movies. On any Atmos track everything is in sync perfectly, same with stereo tracks. Whenever I play anything with a 5.1 soundtrack like Scream, for example, the audio is out. It actually does the same behaviour on the TV app. Strangely on a 5.1 Netflix soundtrack everything remains in sync throughout.

My audio output on the ATV 4K is set to receiver speakers - although again it makes zero difference to delay if I select something else. My audio format on the ATV 4K is set to 'change format - off' (otherwise I lose Atmos) and 'immersive audio - Dolby Atmos - on'. Interestingly if I set 'change format' to on it remedies the issue of the 5.1 soundtracks but I lose Atmos. I don’t want to fart arse about and go into the settings everytime so what is the issue here? Seems to be the ATK 4K not feeding the correct audio format to the 2700? It feeds it as 'multiple ch in' which I assume is PCM. I have tried to change a bunch of stuff and I seem to be able to have either Atmos in perfect sync or 5.1/DD in perfect sync, it won't do it automatically. As I say, Netflix etc. Are fine and don't do this, it's purely on iTunes movies I've purchased. Anyone else have this issue?

Cheers

I used to experience the same issue with my old Yamaha Receiver. I had to significantly alter the LipSync delay on my Receiver to resolve it.

I used to experience the same issue with my old Yamaha Receiver. I had to significantly alter the LipSync delay on my Receiver to resolve it.
I can resolve it through lip sync delay, but it's a pain going back and forth doing this especially as there is no issue with Atmos. This is all fairly new kit so you'd expect there to he some reasonably simple solution.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom