Apple tv 2nd Gen

bagersgash

Standard Member
Santa's just brought me an apple tv. Does anyone know anything about them and what 'special' things I do with it? Many thanks and merry crimbo everyone.

candg

Novice Member
This software looks brilliant, anyone actually using it yet ? Does it really support FLAC files ? What results are people having with USB hard drive connectivity ? Have been waiting for the Dune301 but so far not impressed with Dunes support and confusion over the 301 unit facilities. Anyone using fire core on Apple TV2 yet ?

Merry Christmas all

Graham

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Don't pay for FireCorp software, when all it is is collected free software from the net

candg

Novice Member
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. What is the software off the NET. I have jail broken the unit and installed XBMC but I am not that impressed. What will allow me to play FLAC files ?

Cheers again

Graham

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
XBMC supports FLAC playback

You're better off starting a thread, or joining an existing thread in the ATV forum

I have an ATV1 so I'm not 100% up to date on the ATV2 jailbreak options, but I do know that FireCorp basically just round up all the different freely available software addons from around the net, package them up into a nice little package and charge you for the privilege. Great if you don't mind paying for free stuff, and aren't technically minded, but not so great if you don't like paying for stuff thats available for free

mark09

Novice Member
U got an iPhone, iPad & mini mac? If so then I use iTunes to stream around the whole house and works perfect.

I rip my DVD collection using MKV then translate using iVI.

I keep all the movies on apple time machine and has no probs streaming blue ray rips wireless.

By using a iPhone app remote and a mini mac u don't need to keep switching your computer on. It also picks up the music from your iTunes library too.

I have tryed the jailbreak soutions etc but the itunes interface is so much better than XMBC etc

My kids also have iPods and they stream
Movies to their hand held gadgets.

I love my Apple tv :0)

bagersgash

Standard Member
I only have an iPhone and the apple tv now. Not sure on how to rip blu rays to it or converting files, etc. Is there any easy ways of doing it? Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom