• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Apple Trailers

SixNineFourSixSeven

Prominent Member
I had 40meg broadband installed on thursday & the increase in speed is amazing.
Over the last few days I have been experimenting with speeds but I've noticed from last night that the trailers on the apple tv 2G take forever.
Wanted to watch the "Man of Steel" trailer and the "Dredd" trailer both took over 4 minuets before they started playing and "Dredd" even had to stop to buffer.
I checked the speeds using a speed checker and I was getting 37meg.
Anybody else got the same issue ??

andyc11

Established Member
Not here - with BT Infinity and trailers load in 3-5 seconds. 4-5 minutes sounds very excessive. What about YouTube, same issues with that?

Flashy

Distinguished Member
Last time I watched a trailer on ATV3 (maybe a week ago) it was playing within just a few seconds – certainly no more than five or six, I'd say – and didn't pause to buffer once. That's over wifi, though the ATV is about a foot from my router. And that was over 8 meg O2 Broadband, not any of this BT Infinity stuff (which I can't get :().

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
Whether it was my old o2 service at 8Mb download, or current Virgin Media service at 60Mb, whatever plays on my AppleTV is near instantaneous.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom