Apple sueing Apple - who will win ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nick_UK, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    "The Beatles' record label Apple Corps is suing Apple Computer at London's High Court over use of the Apple name and logo to promote music products.
    The London-based record label claims the US computer firm is in breach of a 1991 agreement which forbade Apple Computer to enter the music business."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4854408.stm

Wonder who will win ?

2. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +430
    It maybe just me, but when I see the here the word 'Apple' in any product sense .... I don't think 'oh theres something associated with the Beatles Record company'

....The Brand image of the computer giant is simply much stronger at this time - maybe 30 to 40 years ago Apple Records carried the same position in the publics consciousness .... but not anymore.

3. unique

unique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    i think it will be another repeat of the previous case, with yoko getting another yacht out of the settlement.

i don't understand why apple would knowingly enter the music business under that brand name without resolving the legalities first. they could at least have used another name. they could lose many millions out of this