• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Apple Releases iOS 4.3.3, Current jailbreak hack not patched!

-Hitman-

Apple has released an iOS 4.3.3 (4.2.8 for CDMA) software update which resolves issues with location logging.

This update contains changes to the iOS crowd-sourced location database cache including:
● Reduces the size of the cache
● No longer backs the cache up to iTunes
● Deletes the cache entirely when Location Services is turned off

Link.... iClarified - Apple News - Apple Releases iOS 4.3.3 and iOS 4.2.8 to Fix Location Logging

Jailbreak Bug not fixed...

I0n1c untethered jailbreak bug has not been fixed in the just released iOS 4.3.3 firmware, according to comex.

@i0n1c's bug is not patched in 4.3.3. #whatisthisidonteven

This is excellent news for jailbreakers as they will soon be able to perform an untethered jailbreak of iOS 4.3.3.

As usual we recommend you wait before updating and make sure to save your SHSH blobs (Windows, Mac).

Link... iClarified - Apple News - I0n1c's Untethered Jailbreak Bug is Not Fixed in iOS 4.3.3

UEF

That might mean you can use Redsn0w and point it to a 4.3.2 firmware to patch 4.3.3 - that's normally the case with stuff like this though of course there is no real rush to update and we should await the official word on things

w3dal

Distinguished Member
i wonder if its now time to update my 4. currently on the 4.2.1 since new and it seems there are a few little updates which i could benefit from

will wait for the confirmed release of this version before i do it.

Thanks to the OP for the headsup

Dal

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom