• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Apple Refurb store is...missing?

CamFire

Distinguished Member
My bookmark to the Apple Refurb store ;) is showing a page with no item at all. Thinking that the link may be broken, I searched for the link on the main Apple online store and cannot find the refurb store too...

Has Apple taken it down to force people to buy Apple products at full price? :eek:

bobbytoad

Established Member
First thing this morning it was rammed with macs more than I've seen in ages...I Even ordered myself an iMac i7 at 8.30 am :thumbsup: (first mac for 11 years for me - better be worth it!) . Then throughout the day the store seems to have been decimated - been watching the store for about a month and have never seen anything like today. Fingers crossed I will get my mac and it wasn't some listing error. :mad:

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
First thing this morning it was rammed with macs more than I've seen in ages...I Even ordered myself an iMac i7 at 8.30 am :thumbsup: (first mac for 11 years for me - better be worth it!) . Then throughout the day the store seems to have been decimated - been watching the store for about a month and have never seen anything like today. Fingers crossed I will get my mac and it wasn't some listing error. :mad:

Today has been the first day in ages that I haven't been able to check it and look what happens...bloody snow :laugh:

CamFire

Distinguished Member
I think we will have to keep watching "The Secret Millionaire" and discover who is the next Jobsian follower buying up all the refurb Macs to provide free computer & internet training...:D

Or, could it be someone suing Apple for less-than-perfect display? That poster who send one back with post-it notes, marking the dead pixels, may be the culprit.:rotfl:

bobbytoad

Established Member
Or, could it be someone suing Apple for less-than-perfect display? That poster who send one back with post-it notes, marking the dead pixels, may be the culprit.:rotfl:

DONT JOKE! I'm seriously worried that i may end up with 'CodeMonkeys' dead pixel refurb, post-it note and all :eek:

dc8900

Distinguished Member
DONT JOKE! I'm seriously worried that i may end up with 'CodeMonkeys' dead pixel refurb, post-it note and all :eek:

simple, if you get CodeMonkey's imac, simply return it, and then it will end up another persons place and then cycle continues :laugh:

CamFire

Distinguished Member
Hmm, some scenes from The Shawshank Redemption is now inspiring something interesting.

Why don't you carve your AVF id in very small font on the underside of the bottom of the iMac before sending it back :D . This way, we'll know who at AVF has shopped at the refurb store :laugh:

dc8900

Distinguished Member
That's an understatement! There are more imacs on there than in the actual store :)
Plain wierd where they've all come from
It's been pretty dry on there for a couple of weeks

when I was checking it at 3am this morning (was doing all nighter for uni), it did feel like I was scrolling forever, never saw the refurb store that full

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom