apple podcasts app - not showing the correct "up next" episode

chenks

can anyone help with making the apple podcasts app show the correct "next" unplayed episode?
it seems always put the most recent unplayed episode as the next one to watch rather than the next unplayed episode based on release date.

i've tried changing the sort order of each podcast to "older > newer" and "newer > older" and neither seem to make any difference.

eg, the app is showing "RHLSTP 325" as the "up next" for this podcast, yet i have unplayed episodes that are older than this. i haven't listed to RHLSTP 318 yet (i have listened to episode inbetween 318 and 325 though.

Flashy

I've used the stock Podcasts app for years but with iOS 14.5 they've totally ruined it for me and I've given up. I couldn't get it to behave like it used to and, like you, I was left with unplayed podcasts in and amongst played ones with no obvious way of having it sort them.

Last night I deleted all my podcasts (except the one I want to sync with my watch) from the stock app and am now trying Pocket Casts and Overcast. Both are free (with IAP that aren't necessary for simply managing and listening to podcasts).

chenks

i used pocketcasts on android, but felt the need to at least attempt to use the stock on iOS as it should "just work".

i mean, it must be really hard to screw up a podcast playing app.

Flashy

I couldn’t get on with the alternatives so have gone back to the Podcasts app. It’s still not perfect and seems to be being made less so, but I still prefer the stock app to others, it seems.

chenks

the only issue i have is that it doesn't present the correct next unplayed episode, it seems to present the most recent unplayed episode.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom