Apple Music HD + Chord Mojo + ?

thesquale

Hello all,

This is my current set up :
*MacBook Pro with Apple Music playing Hi Res (or Amazon HD...waiting for Spotify to sort themselves out !).
*Chord Mojo
*Neumann NDH 20

This set up works a treat when home working...but as soon as i am outside, working in open plan office, i can hear the backrgound noise sneaking in (not a lot to be honest.. but still).

I want to stick to wired headphones not to compromise on sound quality. The Neumann are closed back so i guess it can not be better in terms of "isolation" ? or does wired headphones could ALSO have ANC capabilities ? if yes, which model you recommend?

Also...as i now have a Mojo (did not have one initially), i wonder if slightly cheaper cans like Audio-Technica M70x or Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro could give me the same quality?

Thank you all !

dollag

any form of noice cancellation will need to go through some kind of dsp, so in essance, a seperate dac signal coming from the mojo in your case will have to be converted back to digital.

I suggest you look at a pair of headphones that offer better passive isolation or explore noise cancelling options.

in ear monitors (iems) can generally give you better isolation so would suggest maybe going down that route.

thesquale

any form of noice cancellation will need to go through some kind of dsp, so in essance, a seperate dac signal coming from the mojo in your case will have to be converted back to digital.

I suggest you look at a pair of headphones that offer better passive isolation or explore noise cancelling options.

in ear monitors (iems) can generally give you better isolation so would suggest maybe going down that route.
thanks ! all of it makes sense.

Anyone has a recommendation on closed back giving a pretty good sound isolation ?

and are my Neumann really worth the difference or AT/Beyerdynamic could be very good too. I guess it might depends on personal taste/feel so my question might be stupid !

dollag

Its all about personal preference.

Whilst i like the ndh20's, i find them a bit too neutral for my personal taste, so it's very ifficult to give a good reccomendation.

thesquale

Its all about personal preference.

Whilst i like the ndh20's, i find them a bit too neutral for my personal taste, so it's very ifficult to give a good reccomendation.
yes. i understand that. i find them just a tad too neutral too but the quality is so amazing overall that i am overlooking it. might order both mentioned and try them on.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom