• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Apple messed up receipt - sent to someone else

jem

Established Member
Apple store made a right mess of my iphone reservation - ended up sending my receipt to the wrong email address!

Someone, somehwere in the world, has my receipt. It has my name and GBR on it. Fortunately only last 4 digits of credit card number.

However what worries me is that they now have the serial number and IMEI number of my brand new phone. I phoned them up and said there would be no problem. As it's SIM free no-one would know the carrier nor mobile number so couldn't do anything with the IMEI number.

Have I reason to worry?

kopchoir

Banned
When I insured my iPhone all they wanted was my imei number really as well as a few other details I'm sure things will be ok but might be worth pressing apple to sort this out

Steven

Senior Moderator
The main concern with giving out an IMEI is any nefarious characters using it to commit fraud in some way

RajP

Distinguished Member
Apple store made a right mess of my iphone reservation - ended up sending my receipt to the wrong email address!

Someone, somehwere in the world, has my receipt. It has my name and GBR on it. Fortunately only last 4 digits of credit card number.

However what worries me is that they now have the serial number and IMEI number of my brand new phone. I phoned them up and said there would be no problem. As it's SIM free no-one would know the carrier nor mobile number so couldn't do anything with the IMEI number.

Have I reason to worry?

Can't you just take it back to the Apple store and get them to replace the handset stating this as a issue???

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom