1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

apple mac powerbook compatability with camcorders

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by realwiph, Jun 2, 2003.

1. realwiph

realwiph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a new powerbook G4 and will be getting a DV soon but need to know of the compatability with the mac. Most of the reviews i've read all mention PC's but never mac's. I was thinking of a JVC (can't remeber the code) with DV in / out. Is anyone using a setup like this who could offer their valuable advice?? It's for making DVD's for bands and short films.
    Thanks in anticipation...

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    IMHO compatability with Macs is actually guaranteed, as the OS and machine is built with DV (well firewire input anyway) in mind from the base up. I use my Sony miniDV cam with my iBook, and it's rock solid, which is more than can be said for my attempts using a windows PC. Did you get the superdrive version of the powerbook? I'm very jealous! iMovie is a good basic editing package, if you're looking to do some more serious stuff, i've heard very good things about Final Cut Express

I seem to remember there being a few issues with JVC transports and incompatability with other equipment a few years ago, not sure if this is still the case. www.Dvdoctor.net was a very useful forum, maybe you could check there.

Perhaps you would also get more response if this thread wasn't in the classified ads! :D

3. chips

chips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Probably best here :smoke:.