Apple iPhone 14 Plus Review & Comments

I ordered 14 Pro Max with a delivery date of early next month! which gives me a lot time to ponder if I made the right choice, as it’d be my first iPhone after using Samsung for years. The main issue I have with the Pro Max is the huge weight. Always liked the Pro models due to their premium build quality and the extra features but they add a lot of weight and don't want to go for a smallish screen like 6.1 as my current phone is 6.5 A52s.

Pro Max must be the heaviest smart phone on the market. I read this phone is even lighter than the regular Pro, let alone Pro Max!

So I'm visiting my local Apple store this week to try the Plus out and I like the Blue colour.

Last edited:
Had a look at the plus today and I like it a lot…
The extra estate was really nice and 26h aka 6h more than the standard 14 is impressive if confirmed. My current se second generation manages 13h..

The only real issue for me is not the comparison with the pro flagship.
I like Porsche, doesn’t mean I can afford it or even for me.

The real issue is the prices versus what you get. Both standard 14 feel over priced now. Priced right, they will be flying off the shelf…but they are not.

Apple can milk it with the pro range. I just wish recent super weak demand data (outside the pro) makes them reconsider the pricing strategy for the whole range below the pros..I said..wish :)

I ordered 14 Pro Max with a delivery date of early next month! which gives me a lot time to ponder if I made the right choice, as it’d be my first iPhone after using Samsung for years. The main issue I have with the Pro Max is the huge weight. Always liked the Pro models due to their premium build quality and the extra features but they add a lot of weight and don't want to go for a smallish screen like 6.1 as my current phone is 6.5 A52s.

Pro Max must be the heaviest smart phone on the market. I read this phone is even lighter than the regular Pro, let alone Pro Max!

So I'm visiting my local Apple store this week to try the Plus out and I like the Blue colour.
Very interested by what you will think after playing with both
Many reviewers say that since you shed so much money for them, you better go the extra mile for the pro…
I will be keen to hear if you reach the same conclusion or not…

I've had the XS Pro, and currently the 12 Pro Max.
I've never considered either to be too big or heavy.
Went online to the Apple Store today and traded in my 12 Pro Max and ordered the 14 Pro Max (Silver 256GB) for delivery 1st-8th November.
I doubt if I'll ever go back to a screen size less than 6.7ins.
You quickly get used to the screen size and I actually like the weight, it feels premium to me.

I've had the XS Pro, and currently the 12 Pro Max.
I've never considered either to be too big or heavy.
Went online to the Apple Store today and traded in my 12 Pro Max and ordered the 14 Pro Max (Silver 256GB) for delivery 1st-8th November.
I doubt if I'll ever go back to a screen size less than 6.7ins.
You quickly get used to the screen size and I actually like the weight, it feels premium to me.
I think there's something wrong if you struggle to hold a phone and complain about the weight. I really disliked the lack of weight in the Pixel 5, felt like a cheap toy.

Well i use Iphone 11 and I am glad of using it
was thinking about new 14
its better to buy Pro series,am I right?

Well i use Iphone 11 and I am glad of using it
was thinking about new 14
its better to buy Pro series,am I right?
The normal 14 isn’t much of an upgrade, same processor etc as the 13 series. You’re better off getting a 13 pro, or pro max, save money, and still a big upgrade over the 11

Just to join in the debate, recently came back to Apple from android (couldn’t get on with the Z flip 4)

I got both the 14 pro (standard) and 14 plus on contract and was planning on returning one. Used the 14 pro for a while and it is a fantastic phone, I really enjoyed using it, but I ended up staying with the 14 plus. this is mainly due to the larger screen size, it was nearly 25% a month cheaper and the fact it weighs pretty much the same as the 14 pro. I’ve had a pro max before and being a fairly frequent phone user, the thing is too damn heavy.

The 14 Plus has been great so far and I have no regrets sticking with it, although if it had always on display and dynamic island it would be pretty much perfect (a 120hz refresh would help too 🙄) I could deal with the camera and the slightly older processor

Just to join in the debate, recently came back to Apple from android (couldn’t get on with the Z flip 4)

I got both the 14 pro (standard) and 14 plus on contract and was planning on returning one. Used the 14 pro for a while and it is a fantastic phone, I really enjoyed using it, but I ended up staying with the 14 plus. this is mainly due to the larger screen size, it was nearly 25% a month cheaper and the fact it weighs pretty much the same as the 14 pro. I’ve had a pro max before and being a fairly frequent phone user, the thing is too damn heavy.

The 14 Plus has been great so far and I have no regrets sticking with it, although if it had always on display and dynamic island it would be pretty much perfect (a 120hz refresh would help too 🙄) I could deal with the camera and the slightly older processor
Hopefully you are describing the next iPhone 15 in both sizes if all goes well.
Thank you for the feedback. Nearly went for the 14 plus but will wait because I can.
Don’t need the pro for my use.

Over 6 months on from the launch of the iPhone 14. I am still on a iPhone X.

The 14 plus has not sold well at all.

But why do I get such a kick out of holding the plus ? It seems impossibly light for the size of the screen, is why. I really want one. But I also feel a yearning for 120hz and I don’t want the dated notch screen.

The iPhone 15 and 15 plus are rumoured to get the dynamic island and 48 MP camera, that will make the 15 Plus an even more tempting proposition, though not 120hz - if reports are accurate this may not come the the standard iPhone until the iPhone 17 , which is still 2.5 yrs away.

The 15 Pro/pro max are rumoured to get titanium making them lighter, but certainly will still not be as light as the 15 plus which I have a feeling I will end up buying.

Same here, iPhone SE second generation and will go two ways:
1. Value: an iPhone 13
2. Heart: iPhone 15

The iPhone 15 pro could be tempting but prices are silly. The titanium build is interesting at many levels on top of the other spec bump.
The iPhone 15 plus is not that interesting for me (feels too big but getting old so may be a good investment) depending on pricing as far too close to the pro this year.

Any idea how I add my iPad to this litttle menu?

Attachments

• IMG_0866.png
    IMG_0866.png
    597.3 KB · Views: 41
Any idea how I add my iPad to this litttle menu?
Is that the battery widget on your iPhone? If so you cant....that widget only shows the battery levels for your phone along with any devices connected to it like Airpods or other bluetooth devices. It cant show your iPad etc.

There are apps that claim to do it but i've never tried it.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom