Question Apple iCloud Two Factor Authentication

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by Markee, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Markee

Markee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Two step / factor authentication is a good thing to access anything iCloud related.

However....

I have two iPhones connected to my iCloud account, my own personal iPhone and a work iPhone.

Whenever I am asked to enter a two step authentication code, Apple sends the code to my work iPhone. As I don't always have this phone with me, I would like the code to go to my personal iPhone.

The Apple support pages direct you to login to appleid.apple.com but the only option here is to remove this iPhone from iCloud completely, which I don't want to do!

Does anyone know how I can change the two step authentication from my work iPhoen to my personal iPhone without disabling iCloud completely?

Thanks in advance.

2. Deeez Nuuutz

Deeez Nuuutz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    If both devices are on the same iCloud account then you should receive the code on both devices.

I have an iPhone, iPad and MBP. If I go through the process on either device I get the notification to confirm identity on both other devices.

3. Markee

Markee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Both devices are on the same iCloud account, but the notification only pops up on my work phone.

4. Deeez Nuuutz

Deeez Nuuutz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    Try making sure your personal phone is open and on the home screen (not lock screen) when you click to authenticate.

I've had it before when my phone may be locked and it beeps but then when I open it the code has disappeared.