Apple Home Audio

Hills07

Novice Member
Hi new here please be nice,

I am looking for some help with my Apple Home setup. I’m tech savvy but audio systems are something I haven’t done a lot with.

I have a number of Apple Airport Express units that allow me to transmit Apple’s lossless airplay audio between them and a “home hub”, these in turn have a 3.5mm Jack output.

My house has a singular speaker cable wired to the corner of each room and then to a central point in the roof space, so 6 rooms - six cables in the roof.

My understanding is I’ll need a 3.5mm jack from the airport into a single channel Powered amplifier and then onto a ceiling mounted speaker.

So my questions are,

Is the above achievable?
Is a powered Single Channel amp appropriate?
Can you recommend a/some ceiling speakers to give good highs and lows at a modest price?

Thanks for reading

(Sorry if the post is on the wrong place, please move to somewhere more appropriate if needed)

xmb

If you only want to play the same music in all the rooms at the same time then you could use an amplifier connected to your Airport. However, you won't be able to control the volume easily and certainly not per room. Given you need speakers I would just spend your money on a HomePod Mini for each room and forget the speaker wires.

Hills07

Novice Member
If you only want to play the same music in all the rooms at the same time then you could use an amplifier connected to your Airport. However, you won't be able to control the volume easily and certainly not per room. Given you need speakers I would just spend your money on a HomePod Mini for each room and forget the speaker wires.
Hi thanks for the reply, she wants the music to be played in specific rooms so a single amplifier wouldn’t work unfortunately. Unless of course it has multiple inputs and outputs.

Also I already have the Airport’s and the house is pre-wired so I just need to plug it all in as it were

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom