apple hd trailers

basser

Ex Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to play these apple hd demos with"sound",cos at the moment im only getting the video(it looks really good).i have installed "transcode 360" and "hdtvpump"...xvid and dvds play great as well...just got to sort out the sound issue :smashin:

which version 720 or 1080? I have picture problems with 1080 but only on a few trailers.:mad:

Guys, you need to search for the latest version of Memcoder, check the forums out over at Runtime site and you will find a sticky with a link to the latest build. Plays all Apple HD trailers I have tried so far, be sure to rename the old memcoder.exe to another name first and then copy in the new version. Hope this helps.

bytesize said:
Guys, you need to search for the latest version of Memcoder, check the forums out over at Runtime site and you will find a sticky with a link to the latest build. Plays all Apple HD trailers I have tried so far, be sure to rename the old memcoder.exe to another name first and then copy in the new version. Hope this helps.

Any chance you can give us a link to that? pretty please.

Gary

basser said:
can anyone tell me how to play these apple hd demos with"sound",cos at the moment im only getting the video(it looks really good).i have installed "transcode 360" and "hdtvpump"...xvid and dvds play great as well...just got to sort out the sound issue :smashin:

hi, are you saying the xbox360 is actually displaying the hd trailers at hd res...?

basser said:
yep but no sound m8

ah ha, sounds well cool then as mny computer strugles playing back hd and upscaling sd stuff to the telly, might have to investigate, shame about the no sound issue

By coincidence I followed or should I say pre-empted that advice a day or so before you posted. Worked like a charm...with sound. The only thing that wouldn't work was the reg edit thingie that is supposed to enable playback of a rake of video formats all in one go. Just manually edited the registry for.mov and mkV so far. Will enable further formats in the registry as and when I come across one that I can't play.

As for them playing at HD res. Just had to edit the transcode config file to tell it not to downscale. I set the threshold at 1 million pixels which covers 720p anyway.

BTW, maybe this is common knowledge but I only found out this little trick a few days ago which I'll repeat for the benefit of those who may not have heard of it like me. You don't need to purchase QT pro to save the apple trailers to disk. Just click on the trailer link. When QT opens click 'Window' on the title bar and in the drop down menu click movie info. Copy the URL into a download manager such as 'Free Download Manager (FDM) and bobs your uncle, trailer saved to disk without QT Pro. Like I said, probably common knowledge but I missed it till now somehow.

Can anyone post some more info about this?

I still havent managed to get media centre to recognise the quicktime files nevermind play them :p

I have downloaded HDTVPump but im not sure what I should do with the config files and the registry to get media centre to recognise .mov files.

Meusa said:
Can anyone post some more info about this?

I still havent managed to get media centre to recognise the quicktime files nevermind play them :p

I have downloaded HDTVPump but im not sure what I should do with the config files and the registry to get media centre to recognise .mov files.

Look here which should tell you how to make MCE recognise the files. Cant help on getting them onto the 360 properly though as I havent set mine up for MCE yet.

Thanks, im making some progress now. The PC and the 360 can now see the quicktime files in media centre, PC playes them fine but media centre on the 360 seems to lock up when starting the transcode.

I have changed the threshhold in the transcode config to 1000000.

Im wondering what exactly I should do with HDTVPump, ive installed it but is there anything I should setup there?

Hi, just jumping on the bandwagon here ;)

I too am having problems streaming Quicktime trailers! My Xbox can see the .mov files.. I can stream them with transcode 360.. but I'm not getting any audio to acompany the HD goodness!

I can stream .ts files no problems with audio, but still struggling getting sound from the Quicktime trailers?!

Anyone got this working, please help! :(

yutani, mind telling me what you did to get them to play at all? When I tell my 360 to transcode it just sticks on the spinning graphic in the middle of the screen and never starts playing.

Im not even having any luck with HD WMVs which is strange, I get kicked out of media centre on the 360 when I try those.

Only thing thats working are some xvid/divx and dvd iso files.

I have the latest version of Transcode360 with the updated memcoder.exe from the forums. Also have the 'Ace Mega Codec Pack' so I should be covered there.

The HD WMVs and quicktime files work fine in media centre on the PC, it seems to be the transcoding thats playing up.

I couldn't get it working and thought the same so I un-installed Transcode 360... and just did a fresh install. Plays .mov fine but **** all audio?!!

To be honest I'm a complete novice with all this, and I'm bumbling along, trying to grab and try whatever info I can ;)

Anyone else fancy stickin their 2 pennies in? ;)

yutani said:
To be honest I'm a complete novice with all this, and I'm bumbling along, trying to grab and try whatever info I can ;)

Same here mate, ive only just installed media centre edition of windows so im new to all this.

Ill try reinstall the transcoder and see if that helps.

btw where did you get the latest compile of mencoder? i tried downloading from the sticky over at runtimes forums, but had no luck?!

link still not working for me!!

but nevermind i did source from somewhere and an updated compile from what i gather.. i'd forgot to replace the original mencoder with this when i re-installed transcode 360..

guess what i have sound :thumbsup:

i can e-mail you my version of mencoder see if it helps any?

just a quick quetion and is this normal.. i just downloaded TMNT trailer and tried transcoding it on the 360... sccreen goes black for a while, then the options 'restart' 'delete' & 'done'

when i restarted it it played fine? is this normal practice?

Well ive had some serious progress, reinstalled everything including a different codec pack and i can now play the trailers! But im now in the same boat as you, I have no sound :confused:

Edit:
Oh, I forgot to update memcoder, that should fix it, great stuff :D

cool, let me know how you get on...

i've another problem now.. downloaded ghostrider trailer (looks crap) but that didnt have any sound?? then downloaded the spiderman 3 trailer and that was fine?? :confused:

still i've made progress..

Everything seems to be working perfectly now :smashin:

Even the WMV HD trailers here dont kick my 360 out of media centre anymore.

Im quite surprised my 54mb/s wireless network is handling it :eek: thought I might have to get the cables out again.

One question I have though, the quicktime trailers are only outputing stereo sound to my amp, whereas the HD WMVs are sending the full DD5.1 track, do the quicktime trailers have a 5.1 track or not?

yutani, Ill try ghostrider trailer now and see if I get any sound, ive only tried the silent hill trailer so far.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom