Apple awarded $1bn in damages from Samsung in US court

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 585609

I wonder which device's Apple will try and get banned ....

D

Deleted member 585609

dejongj said:
Just wait for the floods of fandroids and anti-apple fans saying that it was a biased jury towards an US company...But it isn't fully over yet...
How can it be biased .... even a South Korean court ruled Samsung infringed, (also that apple did, and both got bans) and that was home turf...

How can it be biased .... even a South Korean court ruled Samsung infringed, (also that apple did, and both got bans) and that was home turf...
tbh comparing countries doesn't necessary work in the case of patents...but to me (not taking local legalities into account) it was too obvious what they were doing. But as I thought they were still doing it badly, I never thought it would come to this..

MarkR

Surely this will get deeper and deeper. Will Samsung have to fight of bans of the sales of certain devices over this? And will they have to reconfigure the way the Android system functions?

Last edited:
Surely this will get deeper and deeper. Will Samsung have to fight of bans of the sales of certain devices over this? And will they have to reconfigure the way the Android system functions?
Nah they won't, all they have to do is be original like all the other Android manufacturers seem to manage...

bpsmith

Or just licence those patents that they have flaunted. If the rumours are true, Apple did try to
Do a lice cling deal with them at the start but they didn't go for it.

Samsung will just have to suck it up and pay the piper like Apple did when Nokia whacked them for as bunch of infringements a couple of years ago. It will be interesting to see the immediate effects of this with Samsung due to announce another handset ahead of IFA next week. Will they place that on hold?

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
I've just had a look around the Samsung and android forums, no one is saying anything about it, I wonder why ;) !!

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
bpsmith said:
Will have to resist trolling that one then and not do what they would if decision reversed.
Exactly I'm so tempted to pipe up and cause a debate :) lol !!

GuitarGuy

To be honest I really hope the note II isnt delayed, given what the next iphone appears to be shaping up as, i wont be buying and will be looking at that or the s3 as an alternative..........

bpsmith said:
Will have to resist trolling that one then and not do what they would if decision reversed.
Tbh I've found their part of the forum pretty dire and very focussed on specs. There is one very sensible and experienced voice in it though.

Ps. I don't go in there for trolling, I do have Symbian, Android, rim and WebOS devices. Still want a windows phone as well but nothing appealing there just yet.

GuitarGuy

dejongj said:
Tbh I've found their part of the forum pretty dire and very focussed on specs. There is one very sensible and experienced voice in it though.

Ps. I don't go in there for trolling, I do have Symbian, Android, rim and WebOS devices. Still want a windows phone as well but nothing appealing there just yet.
Lumia 800?

bpsmith

dejongj said:

I won't be trolling in there either, just pointing out what the flip side would definitely be. I hate trolling and definitely wouldn't stoop!

Mhoram

Novice Member
Nice trolling anti android thread here, not that any of you would do that, not like those fandriod morons. A rather Pathetic attempt at baiting, not taken up by a single Android fan, by people who can't see 1mm past Apple devices. Shocking :/

??? What language was that? And what did it have to do with Samsung having to pay a fine? Sorry I'm a bit thick I think as I didn't get a word of that, you'll have to explain it...

MarkR

Very strange post, almost as if he wants to spark up a Android vs Apple argument.

Think he has failed to read the title of this thread or is totally unaware of the news.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 585609

Apple fanboy here and proud to say it :)

-Posted from my Nexus 7

Simba

Distinguished Member
Wonder how this will affect Samsung supply of parts for iPhones ... Probably shouldnt as business is business ...

D

Deleted member 585609

Simba said:
Wonder how this will affect Samsung supply of parts for iPhones ... Probably shouldnt as business is business ...
I doubt they would want to loose all them parts sales ... apple could easily find another company to get parts from ... Samsung won't want to loose them as a customer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.