Apple are brilliant...discuss...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSARider

Novice Member
Having used Mac for the past 15 years now i can say the user experience is excellent...!

One iMac, one MacBook Pro, one Macbook Air, an iPad 2, an iPhone 4S an Apple Tv plus three airport expresses with speaker plugged in for Airplay and the whole house is a multi zone music fest...!

Fantastic....:hiya:

abbo

Plus one here :clap::clap::clap:

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Its not all roses , I have an ipad2 here which will not connect via wi-fi , looks like its going back.

abbo

Its not all roses , I have an ipad2 here which will not connect via wi-fi , looks like its going back.

It won't be the iPad ;)

andy1249

Distinguished Member
It is the ipad , everything else connects fine , including my iphone , plus Ive taken the ipad to work , wont connect there , wont connect in the lobby of the hotel either , it basically wont connect anywhere , it sees the SSID's , says it connected , but when you fire up safari or the app store it says its not connected ....

So , it looks like a faulty wi fi unit , even re-set the thing to factory defaults and went to set it up again from scratch , it cannot connect to anything on start up.

I see lots of people with this problem , some can get the units to work by toggling the wi fi button , some can get it to work by re-setting network connections , but mine is as dead as a stick!

abbo

What a bummer! Let us know the outcome :smashin:

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Not too worried about it , still have the phone at least , and the unit is well within warranty , so looks like I'll be getting a new one.

It was a present from the missus , I'll let her bring it back , she'll raise blue murder if its not replaced with a new one , and she'll most likely come out with some extras as well :D

dc8900

Distinguished Member
They are indeed! you are looking at the owner of two mac minis, a macbook air 11 inch, ipad and iphone. :smashin:

Having said that, with the Galaxy Nexus, I must admit (bar some little niggles with it) that I do have a case of gadget lust for it. So roll on the next iphone announcement next summer!

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
andy1249 said:
Not too worried about it , still have the phone at least , and the unit is well within warranty , so looks like I'll be getting a new one.

It was a present from the missus , I'll let her bring it back , she'll raise blue murder if its not replaced with a new one , and she'll most likely come out with some extras as well :D

How old is it?

The chances are she will get a refurb (hard to tell the difference).

Having said that, I got a brand spanking new iPhone 4 as a replacement for my faulty 11 month old unit. :thumbsup:

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Its about 4 months old.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
andy1249 said:
Its about 4 months old.

I'm fairly sure you'll get a refurb, although you may be lucky like I was with my iPhone.

It's just luck of the draw with regards of their stock levels of refurbs.

mikim

andy1249 said:

I have a friend who had the same problem... He sent it back to Apple and had a replacement in about 1 week.

No tech is without an issue or two, but I have to agree that Apple have nailed the 'general' reliability with the closed system/software model. I've had loads of pcs, macs, phones & PDAs over the years and Apple are up top with reliability. Still have our 2006 white MacBook... Works as well as it did on day one. Can't say the same for any other computer tech I've owned.

GSARider

Novice Member
I did see a thread about why pc's slow down with age, my iMac is coming up for 5 years old and runs as good as the day I bought it.

NewfieDrool

Banned
I have the iPad 2 and the 17inch MacBook Pro and find them very good. I also have a Windows 7 desktop and that's been very good too.
A couple of things like the # mark and the forward delete is a couple of pet hates on the MacBook but it runs lovely and the apps that come with it like iMovie are very easy to use and fun.
I do love the way Apple products communicate with each other and being new to Apple stuff I would say I have a fair bit to learn yet but in general I like what I see.

bpsmith

The hard drive finally gave up in my 2006 iMac. That's the only issue I have had in 5 years. Can't blame them for that as 3rd party component!

2007 MacBook is going strong and only minor things with my iPhone, like a sticky home button on my old 4 and the volume toggle glue not holding the chrome button on my old 3G. Both replaced instantly in store! Can't argue there...

bprentice2010

I have the iPhone 4S, iPad 2, Apple TV2, 2011 iMac and I recently purchased a new 13" MacBook Pro.

Have had minor issues with iPhone and iPad but has been swiftly dealt with by Apple so no complaints there. I purchased my first Mac in June this year and as the saying goes "once you go mac you don't go back":smashin:

spinaltap

Distinguished Member

For the sake of asking....

Did you input the iPad's IP Address (from settings pane) in the 'wireless station access list' pane of your router?

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Yup, didn't work. It won't work anywhere, on any connection, there are plenty of free wi fi access points here in the us to try, looks like the wi fi on the unit is faulty.

Tidy_Sammy

Got an iPhone 4 and 2011 Mac Mini recently, definatly nice but not as amazing as some people like to make out, like OSX is leagues ahead of everything and the sun shines out of Apple's beihind.

Apple are brilliant discuss is not really much of a discussion, and if posted anywhere other than the apple boards would rightly be shut down for trolling.

It would be far better to expalin what and why you think they are briliant instead - yes they have some excellent products, but I would imagine Bose could make music come out of your pores and probably is their next big thing on the drawing board to be realease xmas 201x.

Feel free to create another thread where you go into a little more detail about specific experiences, but sorry, this thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 24th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG opens up webOS platform to TV manufacturers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
NAD launches MDC USB DSD upgrade module