Apparently I'm not British enough.

• Thread starter Deleted member 30535
  • Start date
11 out of 15, got a couple of silly ones wrong that I should know

We better inform the Border Agency and get you lot deported from the United Kingdom pronto! :D

You scored 5 out of a possible 15

and i think 3 of those where guesses :smashin:

2 out of 15 :D

3 out of 15

Same.

Bit stupid putting the questions online mind :laugh:

You scored 4 out of a possible 15

You scored 3 out of a possible 15

4 out of 15 :clap:

13 out of 15. Clever little Taffy.:thumbsup:

You lot, best keep on the eastern side of Offa's Dyke.:hiya:

You scored 11 out of a possible 15

I found the questions had a heavy english bias rather than British.

You scored 11 out of a possible 15

I found the questions had a heavy english bias rather than British.

Very true. I always knew that Offa's Dyke and Hadrian's Wall would come in handy one day. That's why there are toll booths coming into Wales on both Severn crossings. So we can keep an eye on the English.:devil:

3 out of 15, what a load of rubbish :thumbsdow

5/15

More of a history test than anything- what is the point? Nobody needs to know this in everyday life- it's all happened, past, done, gone. More 'recent' history questions (e.g 20th century) would have made more sense,

Not to mention that if I don't know all this stuff being schooled here, then the chances that they would have been taught this are even less- wouldn't they learn about their own history mainly?

It should be more 'citizenship' questions like driving questions, geography, key holidays and dates, common courtesy, and laws that others might not know about. And a couple of colloquialisms questions. :D

Last edited:
9 here. They are really stupid questions though.

11 - agree that some are pretty weird ones...

I scored 8.
So much for my O level history then :eek: :blush:

It's no coincidence that many of the scores are low though and it really makes you wonder how relevant these questions are, when us British don't know or probably even care.

I agree with the OP who suggested that knowing about how we are expected to behave is way more important.

12 - better than I thought. My modern history knowledge is pretty good, but the anything older than the last 200 years I'm not so good with. I think I got pretty lucky on some questions where I could eliminate 2 of the 4 possible answers.

History was the only GCSE where I didn't get an A-C grade, but it kinda drove me to read more about it (only the last 100 years though).

I think a fairer test would be to see if you can fill in the blanks,

Fish and .....
Ant and ...
East......
Coronation ......
and
The X factor is ....

I think a fairer test would be to see if you can fill in the blanks,

Fish and lemon mayonnaise
Ant and ant poison
East End
Coronation party
and
The X factor is *********

:thumbsup:

scored 10, fail! when seen the results, couldn't believe the huge error i made about the uk! i misread the answers so it should be 11 but a fail is a fail.....

how many would have to surrender their licenes on the current theory driving test???

scored 11 but it will not stop them coming in no matter what test, the government should stop being so soft.

11, and I don't even want to be British. Do I have to?

Remember that this isn;t even the official thing- it's a newspaper's impression of the questions. Quite clearly, they have tried to twist the truth.

Better waiting for the 'official' one to appear on the 'official' site (e.g Home office, directgov...). Like the one that was in another thread

^^ The official thing that already exists, the questions are just like this. There was another thread posted here last year, which was an official example and everyone did just as bad.

Here's the official practise test http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk/

Last edited:
12-15 I am not sure if it was a fluke or if I may have sub consciously learnt some of those answers when I was sleeping in history class.

Congratulations! If this was the real British citizenship test you would have passed the 75% mark. Well done you! Feel free to keep your passport

Hi,

I scored a pathetic 4 out of 15. :D

But like many of you, most of the questions are pretty irrelevant to living and being a "good" British Citizen in the 21st Century - whatever constitutes being a "good" citizen, actually is.

Is knowing what NATO stands for, really going to help anyone coming into the UK, in any way, shape or form?! No, it isn't.

What they should be asking, are practical things like:
- What are the opening hours for most businesses on a Sunday?
- Is a £50 Pound Sterling note legal tender, and can a shop refuse to accept it?
- What constitutes valid ID, for verifying your age in places like pubs, nightclubs and cinemas?
- What do the initials CAB stand for, and who are they?
- Can an adult over the age of 18 take someone under the age of 18, into an 18 certificate film at a cinema?
- If you are paid something by BACS, how will you receive the money?
- How long does a cheque take to clear, from the date you deposit it into a bank account?
- Where would you buy a TV Licence from?

I'm sure there are a shedload of other slightly-more-important questions than knowing who introduced the NHS and what NATO refers to, that AVF members can come up with.

I do have to wonder what planet these politicians and creators of the Citizenship Test live on, because their questions are just so irrelevant, that it is almost pointless.

Pooch

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom