Appalling repair from richer sounds

andrew24

Established Member
Reaction score
I took my onkyo sr607 back to richer sounds for repair as the display had stopped working and having intermittent problems with hdmi 3, this was about 3 weeks ago so one week after me taking in to the store I give them a call to see how the repair was going and was told the repairers had receiver the said amp after 3days after taking it in so I think ok, them after hearing nothing from them I give the a call after 15 days to be told the repairer has only just received it so I ask can the please check this out and they promised to call back after midday but no phone call came so I give them another call at 5.45pm and was told they are awaiting for parts now and someone will call from their store in the Brighton store, then about 11 am I get a call on 12/12/11 to say they have my amp in the store and all is mended and they will courier it out too me I recieve the amp this morning 15/12/11 and the front panel is hanging off, dents in the side and casing Is bend and their is stuff ratterling around inside here are some photo I have contacted customer dervishes and am waiting a call from them and the store here are some picture.

image-2290896475.jpg

image-2743412294.jpg

image-1006400081.jpg

image-3227802145.jpg

image-3754420033.jpg

image-164518457.jpg

Attachments

• image-4276205399.jpg
    image-4276205399.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 238
Sounds like that has took a rough ride by the courier. Was the box damaged at all? Did you check before signed from the courier or sign as unchecked?

The box was undamaged and their was a hell of a lot of bubble wrap in the box, It was delivered to my work and I had to pop out and someone else signed for it I'll upload a picture of the box too

I'd get onto Richer Sounds main HQ and read the riot act to Customer Services. Be polite but firm and see what they'll do about it. Obviously, a replacement would be a great result so it's worth a try. Good luck!

I did ring hq and no one from their has rung back. I did however get a call from the manager from the store asking me to take it back and he said he'll look after.me by replacing it for something else, so has any one any ideas what to try and go for as don't no what is out their as had no need too really look at newer amps so any advice would be gratefull.

Well, the obvious replacement would be the Onkyo-609 but if you want to try something different, you could try and squeeze them for a Denon-2312, perhaps being prepared to offer a bit of your own money into the deal to swing it? I guess it depends what they have and what their replacement policy will let you get away with - looking at the RS website, the next best would be the Yamaha-671?

Ok thanks for the reply will get on the web later to have a look are the yamaha's any good

Yeah, Yamahas are decent enough - they've been in the receiver/amplifier game for a long time and their "budget" offerings are usually pretty well-specced for the price. Like everything, you get what you pay for, I guess.

I took my onkyo sr607 back to richer sounds for repair as the display had stopped working and having intermittent problems with hdmi 3, this was about 3 weeks ago so one week after me taking in to the store I give them a call to see how the repair was going and was told the repairers had receiver the said amp after 3days after taking it in so I think ok, them after hearing nothing from them I give the a call after 15 days to be told the repairer has only just received it so I ask can the please check this out and they promised to call back after midday but no phone call came so I give them another call at 5.45pm and was told they are awaiting for parts now and someone will call from their store in the Brighton store, then about 11 am I get a call on 12/12/11 to say they have my amp in the store and all is mended and they will courier it out too me I recieve the amp this morning 15/12/11 and the front panel is hanging off, dents in the side and casing Is bend and their is stuff ratterling around inside here are some photo I have contacted customer dervishes and am waiting a call from them and the store here are some picture.

Hi,

I was sorry to read that your Onkyo receiver was damaged whilst in for repair.

Please be assured I have taken this matter up with our Service team to investigate what has gone wrong on this occasion, and to try to prevent any similar situation from occurring again. It does appear that the unit has been accidentally damaged whilst in transit, for which I apologise.

However, I do understand that a sales assistant from our Brighton store has since been in touch to offer a brand new replacement unit.

Meanwhile, sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and please do not hesitate to let me know should you have any further queries.

Many thanks

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Hi yes Damian the manager contact me and asked me to go over today but when i got their he was not their so I was seen by Andre the deputy manager who was very helpfully in making sure I got the right amp I ended up getting the tx-nr609 just need to set it up now, I also was after a iPhone dock but none In Stock so hopefully you'll get some in soon. Thankyou for sorting everything out quickly much appreciated great service on the end.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom