Appalling Police action against Homeless

Drongo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big supporter of the police and give them a lot of respect for the very difficult and dangerous work that they have to do.

I also accept that from time time some homeless folk can harass passers by and need to be moved on.

But I find this action in Redbridge awful:

POLICE SWOOP ON HOMELESS

Adam Jaskowiak was one of the men targeted and said he pleaded with police to be able to keep his things but was ignored.

He was sleeping with eight other people finding shelter for the night in the former Ilford Baths in High Road, Ilford.

All of their belongings were bundled into a police car leaving the men, one in his 60s, stunned.

He was given the sleeping bag by the Salvation Army, Clements Road, Ilford, over the winter months after becoming homeless when his friend died.

John Clifton, 26, corps officer at the Salvation Army, said: “I'm shocked and disgusted. Why would you take the only form of shelter someone has from them?

Chief executive Rita Chadha said: “I am appalled because there's no logic in this – it's not as though if they take someone's sleeping bag they will automatically walk into a house.

“It's not a lifestyle choice and becoming homeless can happen to anyone.”

If you're as disgusted by this as I am; please complain to Boris and Bernard Hogan-Howe.

Drongo

Last edited:
Just one problem you are complaining to the wrong force redbridge and the ilford area is covered by the met not Essex!

If they are migrants and homeless,why don't they go back to their country of origin?

Must be better than living on the streets.

If they are migrants and homeless,why don't they go back to their country of origin?

and what if one of them was a former British solider

And if they were born in this country what is you solution
it seems this story may be link to new approved planning permission

Planning application details - Redbridge i
story picked up the nationals
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/24/met-police-rough-sleepers-possessions

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/05/ilford-police-seize-property-rough-sleepers

Last edited:
Just one problem you are complaining to the wrong force redbridge and the ilford area is covered by the met not Essex!

D'oh! :facepalm:

Thanks for that. I wrongly assumed that as it was in Essex it would be covered by the P&CC for Essex... :blush:

Drongo

But, he didn't say that did he?

We have a big problem with migrants sleeping rough in Maidstone and I would do that same as what SBT said above.

If they were born here I would just shoot them.

Who said anything about migrants? :confused:

I'm talking about people; you know fellow human beings; who like you and I feel cold and need food.

Do you think it is appropriate for the police to take food and warmth from other people?

Drongo

It is easily done the border became quite blurred after london expanded and places like Ilford and Epping became part of the greater london area.

At its face value this says that some policemen stole some property from some people.
If that's the case then other policemen must arrest and charge them immediately.
If it's not so then those who reported it must equally prominently retract and apologise.
So, which is it?

SBT: If people from other countries are involved how are they to get back there - swim and walk?

Do you know which country you were born in because they posts indicate you don't know are you a closet migrant

Where did i say you have to be white to be English?

Up until two years ago i lived in London,born in Chelsea and lived all over for 40 years.

Tbh i wouldn't move back if you paid me,most of it resembles either a ghetto or a thrid world slum these days

Born in Ireland,never been to a football match in my life,know nothing about football at all.

So obviously i'm the worlds biggest Man u fan

Last edited:

We have a big problem with migrants sleeping rough in Maidstone and I would do that same as what SBT said above.

so if among the homeless one was an ex british soldier that is your response

At first I thought the last sentence in your post was some bizarre signature; but now that I've looked at another of your posts; I see that it is not.

I don't know why you've left such a large gap in your post; but presumably your answer to the problem of homeless people is to exterminate them? :rolleyes:

I'd be very careful about what you wish for . If the UK ever did become such a fascist society, in which the homeless could be wiped out, the powers that be might also decide to get rid of the hard of thinking....

so if among the homeless one was an ex british soldier that is your response

At first I thought the last sentence in your post was some bizarre signature; but now that I've looked at another of your posts; I see that it is not.

I don't know why you've left such a large gap in your post; but presumably your answer to the problem of homeless people is to exterminate them? :rolleyes:

I'd be very careful about what you wish for . If the UK ever did become such a fascist society, in which the homeless could be wiped out, the powers that be might also decide to get rid of the hard of thinking....

Have a nice weekend both of you.

The usual over reaction :rolleyes:

Firstly it says,Adam Jaskowiak and the other men went to the refugee and migrant forum of east London for help.

To me that says they're migrants?

As to whether they were ex Army or any other British person.Well i'd hope they would be housed.

We have a big enough problem of our own regarding homelessness,without other countries homeless adding to the problem.

The usual over reaction :rolleyes:

The usual response of failing to answer a very simple question and deflecting away from the issue actually being discussed. :rolleyes:

I repeat:

I'm talking about people; you know fellow human beings; who like you and I feel cold and need food.

Do you think it is appropriate for the police to take food and warmth from other people?

Drongo

I will; thanks.

Just a shame you can't (or won't) answer vinny41's question:

Drongo

I was replying to a post that was later edited.

If/won't/didn't/can't/blood pressure/get dragged into/ is what you want, then I am really sorry to inform you that I will not be helping you with this one and refer you back to what I wrote above.

Have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
Do you know which country you were born in because they posts indicate you don't know are you a closet migrant

Yes,i was born in England.

Your third qoute is a joke i had put on the football forum,regarding a certain irish man u fan.The regulars will know who it is :D

I have nothing personally against migrants,i married one ;)

The usual response of failing to answer a very simple question and deflecting away from the issue actually being discussed. :rolleyes:

I repeat:

Drongo

Ok,to answer your question.No i don't think it's appropriate,infact i think it's disgusting.

and what if one of them was a former British solider

story picked up the nationals
Met police under fire for seizing rough sleepers' possessions | UK news | guardian.co.uk

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/05/ilford-police-seize-property-
rough-sleepers

If they cannot trace there parentage back 150 years, they should be booted out.

Ooohh hang on that would include me ......if they cannot trace there parentage back 500 years.....:D:D:D:D

He cannot be a closet migrant, where would a homeless person charge his laptop:) .

I was replying to a post that was not later edited.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean when you say you were responding to a post "was not later edited" :confused:

But IF (and I emphasize "if") you truly believe that homeless folk should be shot; then you should be ashamed.

EDIT: I see you have edited your post to say:

I was replying to a post that was later edited.

That makes more sense....

If/won't/didn't/can't/blood pressure/get dragged into/ is what you want, then I am really sorry to inform you that I will not be helping you with this one and refer you back to what I wrote above.

No; I don't want "If/won't/didn't/can't/blood pressure/get dragged into" response. You took the trouble to contribute to the thread. I was merely seeking clarification of your contribution.

I started the thread about homeless people having sleeping bags and food confiscated by the police.

I did not mention migrants. I do not know if any/some/all of the people are migrants.

That is not point of the thread despite some believing that these homeless folk are migrants without any sort of proof whatsoever.

Migrants are a separate issue.

The issue here is whether the police did the right thing by confiscating food and sleeping bags from homeless people.

Have a nice weekend.

I will; thanks.

Drongo

Last edited:

besides Avdub:) it would also include the Labour Party leadership:D

SBT: If people from other countries are involved how are they to get back there - swim and walk?

They managed to get here ok,i'm sure they could manage to get back via the same method ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom