Appalling O2 Service

quietlife

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm coming to the end of my O2 contract. I've been with them 3 years and had my current phone for 2 years.
No problem I thought........think again. I wanted to switch to an online tariff. Can't be done according to O2. I've got to let my current contract expire, then sign up online as a new customer. They can't (won't) arrange for it to be done automatically.

After telling the sorry tale FOUR times to FOUR different people I told them to cancel the contract at the end of the month. Easy..nope!! I've got to write a letter! In the age of technology, having verified my details FOUR times they won't do it on the phone and won't accept e-mails.

What a pathetic response. I can only advise people to steer clear, because they quite obviously have no regard for their customers and make life as difficult as possible.

I sent an e-mail direct to the CEO of 02. Had a reply within the hour and 'it's being looked at'.

I'll keep you posted!

Orange have always let me cancel over the phone. My account has a password set for it tho. Dunno if this makes the difference.

It is a pain O2 wont let you cancel easily. I hate writing letters also.

They always say that they want a cancellation notice in writing, but most networks allow you to do it over the phone.

Maybe try telling them that you know people who have cancelled their contracts over the phone and see what they say? :)

I just asked for my Pac code from 02 earlier and got it there and then over the phone, no waiting for a text or sending in letters etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom