App comparison on players?

Sor

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, so looking at getting a new blu-ray player to replace my Sony s570.
Im trying to figure out what 'apps' are available on blu-ray players, like catchup tv, Amazon Instant, Netflix etc.

On Sonys now, are these available through their entertainment centre? Just can't find what they have now (has iplayer gone from new players?)

Thinking of a Sony s6200, but would look at Samsung, Panasonic, or any other suggestions. Around £150 or so.

Anyone, got a nice list of app comparisons per brand?
Or any suggestions as to which brand provides best streaming? (For example, I have found my sony s570 much better than my samsung tv).

Ta.

Samsung have the most streaming apps, but don't you already get them on your samsung tv?

Ta. Yeah, there's lots of apps on the samsung tv. From my experience, lovefilm/amazon prime app was better on the sony (Sony, Samsung and LG for lovefilm, I guess). For some reason the 'same' app gives different levels of access to shows/films?! I never had any issues with streaming from the Sony s570, whereas from the samsung tv it was/is a bit less smooth. (ok, so I need to get round to upgrading to fibre soon, but, considering how rubbish my internet speed is, I've actually never had any streaming issues on the Sony or my NowTV box! Guess that's the luck of living in a small village without many others living near me!)

Guess, it's going to be a Sony then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom