apology owed to tosh 32wl48p

chris210972

Ex Member
Reaction score
i was highly critical towards the toshiba 32wl48p in a previous thread.
i must admit that over the last couple of days the picure seems to have got better and better.
pictures from cable are excellent now and that includes eastenders believe it or not.
i think the problem i had with awful hdmi dvd pictures was caused by the panny 957 dvd player (which has now been returned).
so do i highly remommend this tv, hell yeah! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh Chris, you're a one.

Actually, LCD's do go through a settling in period. I noticed mine improving considerably over the first few days then slowly ever since.

So all those posts looking for a new TV are to no avail?

Jimmy

If you've got some enjoyment watching Eastenders, your Tosh 32WL48 is doing a load more for you than mine is for me :)

Just think watch the screen will do for good programmes!!!!

AgentPingu said:
Just think watch the screen will do for good programmes!!!!

Sorry, i meant to say Just think *what* the screen will do for good programmes!!!!

jimsan said:
Oh Chris, you're a one.

Actually, LCD's do go through a settling in period. I noticed mine improving considerably over the first few days then slowly ever since.

So all those posts looking for a new TV are to no avail?

Jimmy

not really, i'm still sending it back as agreed (don't think it will look right wall hung).
its kinda bland looking.
anyway i miss the 9986 sooooooooo much that i've managed to get some more funds together and i'm gonna get get another one :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

you're joking with me! all that time and effort, hehe

i was even thinking of volunteering at the Co-Op just to compare tv's all day.

but as for my own 32" LCD quest, I brought home the Sony (KLV-32M1) and Panasonic yesterday to try out. And to cut a long story short, the Sony is nigh on fantastic. Its blacks are damn near a true black, and its PQ is better than my CRT: its silky smooth and fluid. Its like a flat panel CRT with the brightness and colours of a LCD. The Panasonic is lacking in the dark scenes quite a bit, and its remote control doesn't work properly (functions freezing eg volume goes down but not up). I've never been one for pixellated digital broadcasts or QVC, so Panasonics integrated Freeview is no advantage to me. On bright scenes, its hard to pick a winner between the two though: on both the images pop out from the screen and the clarity is incredible (though around text and the such, the Panasonic has artefacts that the Sony doesn't...note this is only visible within literally a foot away). But nothing like other screens display. Oh, and the viewing angle on the Sony is fantastic - the Panasonic changes quite a bit when you stand up etc.

So the Sony is definitely the one for me, I may even go hungry and buy two. :smoke:

Is it just me or is it more friendly in the LCD forum compared to the plasma...

I'm with you, having compared the Sony with other models including the Phillips 9986 I must say the pq on the Sony stands out a long way.

Unfortunately you may be put off by the fact that the Sony isn't compatible with the upcoming Sky High-def broadcasts.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom