1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apologies another E85 RGB Sky+ Question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lloydo, Nov 2, 2004.

1. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've searched the forum and tried the normal solutions (making sure SKY button pressed on remote not TV etc.) but I still cannot get a RGB picture on my E85.

I've got Sky+ > scart > AV2 on E85 outputting RGB
    E85 is set for RGB on AV2
    E85 > component out with S-Video > Panasonic 5 series Plasma (through tuner box)

When AV2 is set for video I get a crappy picture but when I set it to RGB I get a blank screen, any ideas?

DVD playback on Prog Scan is good though....

Thanks in advance.

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I take it you have a fully wired scart?

3. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, it's a brand new QED one, would I see any signal if there is something wrong with it i.e. plain video.

4. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yes its unlikely all leads would be broken so you'd get some sort of distorted picture.

I take it your plasma only accepts component. Do you have another TV you can connect to temporarily? If so then I would suggest connecting Sky to TV direct and confirming that the Sky is outputting RGB, then putting the E85 in the way (using 2 scarts) and checking whether you get RGB pass thru ok (E85 in standby). Then turn on the E85 set it to output RGB and see if this works ok. This should help you pin down where the problem is.

5. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got Sky+ and the Plasma connected directly by scart and RGB set on the Sky+ box so it looks like that end is OK. I'm using the second scart from the Sky+ to the E85, perhaps I'll try it with output from the scart which goes to the TV, see if there is a problem with the second scart, I'll be surprised as it is outputing normal video.

Cheers for your help Bobcar

6. alicat

alicat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky+ only outputs RGB to the TV SCART. The video SCART is video composite only. You have to swap the two SCARTs over

7. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhh right, I'll try that, so I will have to pass the Sky signal through the E85, save myself a cable then, might try to get my 50 quid back if it works, cheers alicat

8. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick update, tried the pass through with component out and prog scan, picture quality degraded, the no prog scan, better but still not quite right, then scart out, picture better again but still degraded slightly. Basically I don't want to live with the degradation in the Sky picture so looks like the E85 will be going back unfortunately. Cheers for your help.