Apocalypse Now: Special Edition (Blu-ray Steelbook)

Not really going to know until it's in hand, most likely the info on site is inaccurate which happens. I'm expecting 2 discs like previous releases, don't think the 3rd disc (which is the documentary isn't it?) will get included but you never know.

This is what I currently have so 2 seperate discs would be good.

apoc.jpg

This will be the StudioCanal disc(s) so separate it should be :)

Not really going to know until it's in hand, most likely the info on site is inaccurate which happens. I'm expecting 2 discs like previous releases, don't think the 3rd disc (which is the documentary isn't it?) will get included but you never know.
That 3rd disc includes Hearts of Darkness which is a must for any fan of the film.

Confirmed:

This is very nice news.

Edit: I guess the second disc is a bonus disc? and the standard and redux cut are on disc one?

That is the collector edition, not the Edition Definitive (numbered version) with the book, that i showed in post #22.
Although the 2 versions will probably share the same discs.
There are plenty of UK boxset versions available on Amazon.uk also. But since this steelbook is confirmed to have the 3 discs, there isn't much profit to gain from that boxset anymore, appart from a cheaper pricetag.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Excellent news to be getting all 3 discs, along with the odds on gloss finish this should be a great version to own.

Excellent news to be getting all 3 discs, along with the odds on gloss finish this should be a great version to own.

Debossed title would make it a no brainer (as that title is asking for it) but the latest SC releases have all been glossed without any embossing/debossing. Still a nice steelbook to own none the less :)

Pictures from StifflersDad

1439025399370966040049.jpg 14390254615601102188332.jpg 1439025526808-453530965.jpg

Compared it to the original poster...

MV5BMTcyMzQ5NDM4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODUwNDg3OA@@__V1_SY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Colors are horrible and no way near the original poster...
No embossing/debossing either
Why do they keep messing up... some will say that its got a nice gloss but honestly that horrible red is killing it, details of the forest trees or clouds are invisible.

Last edited:
Looks superb imo, despite the pics being taken at an angle in a bright room with reflections, the colours and detail still looks good to me. The comments from people who have it in hand have been unanimous in favour of it from what i've read so imagine it's even better in the flesh.

Looks superb imo, despite the pics being taken at an angle in a bright room with reflections, the colours and detail still looks good to me. The comments from the 2 people who have it in hand has been unanimous in favour of it from what i've read so imagine it's even better in the flesh.

I fixed it :p
I didn't count the Bluray.com guy who didn't recognise the difference between matte and glossy.

You must have amazing eyes because i see no details but blur.

But i'm glad you find it superb :smashin:

I fixed it :p
I didn't count the Bluray.com guy who didn't recognise the difference between matte and glossy.

You must have amazing eyes because i see no details but blur.

But i'm glad you find it superb :smashin:
Have you tried opening your eyes? That usually helps :devil: Perhaps ask for those glasses back you lent to another member the other day :p

It's not the best pics for the reasons i said in earlier post but i can see enough. It's a good variation of that poster imo, it wasn't going to be exactly the same, the mock up isn't either.

Looks great to me anyway so far and i'm looking forward to seeing more pics and eventually getting it in hand. :)

Have you tried opening your eyes? That usually helps :devil: Perhaps ask for those glasses back you lent to another member the other day :p

It's not the best pics for the reasons i said in earlier post but i can see enough. It's a good variation of that poster imo, it wasn't going to be exactly the same, the mock up isn't either.

Looks great to me anyway so far and i'm looking forward to seeing more pics and eventually getting it in hand. :)

Ok, now i get it...you are colourblind? :laugh:

Jokes aside and more seriously, as you can tell i'm dissapointed...
Will be curious to see more pictures but i'm not sure we will see many more to be honest.

Why's that?

Because there won't be many people buying it, even less so making pictures and sharing them imo.

On another funny note, the guy from the BD forum that i talked about earlier who didn't seem to see the difference between matte and glossy, keeps insisting that his version is similar to the finish of Grindhouse??? so brushed matte he says.
No idea if he is joking or on something but this might be interesting... of course he doesn't post pictures :rolleyes:

Well I like it ( don't let that put you off :laugh:)
So what if it isn't the exact same shade as the poster, who is displaying it next to a poster?
It looks great and it's gloss which is always a good thing :D

Because there won't be many people buying it, even less so making pictures and sharing them imo.

On another funny note, the guy from the BD forum that i talked about earlier who didn't seem to see the difference between matte and glossy, keeps insisting that his version is similar to the finish of Grindhouse??? so brushed matte he says.
No idea if he is joking or on something but this might be interesting... of course he doesn't post pictures :rolleyes:

I expect this steelbook to be reasonably popular particularly going by the comments elsewhere on the pics you posted and how rated the film generally is, the fact it comes with the 3 discs should help too. But yeah not too many people post pics really, myself included. I will though with this whenever i decide to buy it.

That guys having a laugh, it looks like it couldn't look more glossy if it tried! :laugh:

So what if it isn't the exact same shade as the poster, who is displaying it next to a poster?
This really looks like one of those rare occasions that you will be spot on :eek::p:D

That guys having a laugh, it looks like it couldn't look more glossy if it tried! :laugh:

Still weird though.

SBT said: ↑
This really looks like one of those rare occasions that you will be spot on :eek::p:D

I thought his opinion didn't count anymore? :p:laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom