1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apocalypse Now Redux SE ??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by sifowler, Nov 8, 2002.

1. sifowler

sifowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Several old threads on this forum talk about a possible Special Edition of Redux.

Has anyone heard of a release date for this ?

I was going to buy either the French or Australian version but I think I might hang fire.

2. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    If there is one mate it would be the the third version of the DVD and i guess FFC wont even get that one right. The version worth having if it ever happens, would be the one with 'Heart oF Darkness' documentry, which IMHO is as fascinating as the film itslef.

3. Wedlock

Wedlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hearts Of Darkness will never be available together with the movie on dvd.
    Paramount tried to get it on the Redux dvd but failed as rights-issues are involved.

There is however a positive tone to all this.
    Paramount is trying to get Hearts Of Darkness released on a seperate dvd which should be released somewhere in 2003.

4. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    The doc is on the original dvd thats now OOP but some sites still stock it - use dvdpricecheck and you'll find them (but email yhe site first to make sure they really have it)

BTW The redux is available for £9 in tesco (in case you missed the post om specoal offers)

5. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Sorry, but the previous correspondent is mistaken. 'Heart of Darkness' doc has never been available on any version of the 'Apocalypse Now' DVD. Have it on tape (wash my mouth out). Incredible doco! As someone on here said every bit as fascinating as the movie...