Apocalypse Now Final Cut 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Had an e-mail from Zoom saying mine had been dispatched. :clap:

Same here! This and John Wick 3 on way tonight, big movie weekend coming up :)

This is my first order with Zoom, for FM's who've used them before how long do dispatched orders usually take to arrive with their free delivery? I was wondering if I'll get it Saturday or Monday, or after that.

Usually one day, sometimes occasionally two.

Actually the postie has just delivered it, which was a nice surprise.:clap:

Didn’t really expect it until tomorrow at the earliest.

Last edited:
I originally held off pre-ordering as I wanted to be sure the UK version was of the same quality as the US one. It’s only now that I’ve noticed it was a limited edition ( I just assumed that the full fat version would come back in stock in a couple of weeks).

Might have to rush to order it from Zavvi as it’s the only place to have it in stock!
I ordered from Zavvi on the 11th, still showing as processing.

Got mine...

All versions only have English audio, I'm afraid. No German subtitles either, just English, Spanish & French.

Mine also landed today (but not John Wick 3). Zoom are always fast to send preorders and you get free next day delivery!

Glad I waited for the UK UHD as it has a nice box unlike the US one that did not (I think from what I saw on YT?). Art work inside and out is the best I have seen, Wow!

PS - Pics are here: What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

Last edited:
Mine just arrived from amazon which surprised me as they never normally arrive early these days

Mine also landed today (but not John Wick 3). Zoom are always fast to send preorders and you get free next day delivery!

Glad I waited for the UK UHD as it has a nice box unlike the US one that did not (I think from what I saw on YT?). Art work inside and out is the best I have seen, Wow!

PS - Pics are here: What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)
Also seperate hubs for each disc vs stacked discs in the USA one. Overall the UK release is a far nicer bit of packaging.

Got my Steelbook from Zavvi this morning. Should have gone for normal one. Stacked 3 deep on each side. Looks good but take one out have to be careful putting it back on! 15684636768218024628569339735987.jpg 15684637065783336198669817787992.jpg 15684637533709190298240559011039.jpg

Mine just arrived from amazon which surprised me as they never normally arrive early these days
Mine too arrived today along with Shadow preorder. Four out of five of my last amazon preorders have now come before the usual Monday.

Got my Steelbook from Zavvi this morning. Should have gone for normal one. Stacked 3 deep on each side. Looks good but take one out have to be careful putting it back on!View attachment 1194759 View attachment 1194760 View attachment 1194761

Hmmm still wouldn’t dissuade me, got mine this morning as well, obviously not an option for everyone, but given there’s a lot to choose from on this set, I’m going to rip it to my nas, then my steelbook can stay un molested :D

Ive had the collectors edition on order from Zavvi since May. Today I notice the delivery date has changed to December 31st! Has anyone actually received the collectors edition yet from Zavvi or seen the date change like my order seems to have?

Ive had the collectors edition on order from Zavvi since May. Today I notice the delivery date has changed to December 31st! Has anyone actually received the collectors edition yet from Zavvi or seen the date change like my order seems to have?
Amazon still showing as Monday(not much of a guarantee). Noticed Zoom were showing a version still last week however its disappeared which I thought was odd!

Amazon still showing as Monday(not much of a guarantee). Noticed Zoom were showing a version still last week however its disappeared which I thought was odd!
That's changed from earlier when amazon was showing unavailable. I'm guessing amazon got the stock of it that Zavvi and Zoom thought they were getting...;)

Somebody just posted on another site Amazon have charged them on there Debit Card and they have lots left. Looks like Zavvi got back stopped by Amazon.

Just watched all 3 hours of the Final Cut and it is really good. Glad I have a great OLED as there are a lot of very dark scenes.

Mine is still showing as processing, but I can’t see any delivery date. It was £5 more expensive than amazon so now I’m thinking of just ordering from Amazon anyway.

Do you know if you are able to cancel Zavvi orders whilst they are still showing as processing?

Mine is still showing as processing, but I can’t see any delivery date. It was £5 more expensive than amazon so now I’m thinking of just ordering from Amazon anyway.

Do you know if you are able to cancel Zavvi orders whilst they are still showing as processing?
Best thing is live chat or ring them. Never cancelled this late myself. At least you my get a answer about release date.
Just logged into my account. All my orders say processing and my next one not due for a fortnight.

Last edited:

tried to cancel items quite late with zavvi on a few items,and got bull crap that they couldn't but i can return it,it could be days before they were dispatched.:mad:

Best thing is live chat or ring them. Never cancelled this late myself. At least you my get a answer about release date.
Just logged into my account. All my orders say processing and my next one not due for a fortnight.

tried to cancel items quite late with zavvi on a few items,and got bull crap that they couldn't but i can return it,it could be days before they were dispatched.:mad:

I’ve cancelled it. Apparently as long as it’s not showing “in warehouse” or “dispatched” you can cancel.

Got the confirmation email, but I’ll still keep an eye out in case they bill me. Don’t think they can argue though if they’ve emailed me confirming it.

My Amazon pre order email says 21st September estimated delivery. Fine with that. I can wait a few days. Saved me £7 in the end as well.

I noticed Amazon had stock earlier so I’ve ordered from there. Will cancel from Zavvi once I see a dispatch notice from Amazon...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom