Apocalypse Now Final Cut 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

IGC

I've got your number ducky.

If the vanilla £10.05 Hive version -my copy was posted Saturday- has no theatrical version then it's going to CeX.

That was not my understanding and it's a bit annoying people don't post images of the back of their case as I've seen lots of people say they have it.

Amazon wasn't the only site with bogus information.

james03

I think you’re going to have to buy the 6 disc set for all 3 versions of the movie. What annoys me is buying a 4k 3 disc set and having the same movie on blu Ray as well as 4K, I mean what’s the point ? I’m never going to watch the blu Ray when i have a 4k set up.

IGC

I already have the messy 6 disc Steelbook (sent in error by CeX). Might sell that to CeX too and just buy the US 6 discer.

It's not all bad news, Sweden is releasing a Greta Thunberg™ Collector Edition with special environmental packaging:

IGC

We have a proper photograph of the 3 discer release:

What a REALLY stupid release. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and reminds of the prick George Lucas's endless digital revisionism and wanting to **** with my memory.

For reference, the 6 discer:

OK, OK, I'll call it The Final Cut, Francis. Now please let me leave

Last edited:

IGC

I got my Hive copy today so off to CeX. I'm making a homebrew cover from the US Paramount DVD and will rob the proper 3 discs from my Steelbook to fill it up. I will then be happy :D I do like 3 disc Amaray so I'll steal that for my homebrew.

I've never been great at counting but I never realised the "Final Cut" was done 40 years ago*:

Maybe in his mind.

*Alternative Facts™ ©2018 Kellyanne Conway

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
We have a proper photograph of the 3 discer release:

What a REALLY stupid release. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and reminds of the prick George Lucas's endless digital revisionism and wanting to **** with my memory.

For reference, the 6 discer:
You've used the same photo twice. That one above doesn't mention 6 discs.

Im glad I got the UK 6-disc set for £23. Its better packaging than the US and I don't want to miss a disc of extras and the two other cuts in 4K either.

Last edited: