Apocalypse Now Final Cut 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

latenightbarbarian

Amazon uploaded a description... which really isn't all that helpful :facepalm:

All three versions of this film are available on this release including Apocalypse Now: The Final Cut, Apocalypse Now: Theatrical Cut, and Apocalypse Now Redux Extended Cut.

doug56hl

Distinguished Member
Amazon uploaded a description... which really isn't all that helpful :facepalm:
I suspect that is the description for the 6 disc collectors. Looking at the cases the cheaper one wouldn't seem able to contain the same number of discs

91rb31BM4iL._SL1500_.jpg 91OzJ0ams2L._SL1500_.jpg or one on top of the other 91OzJ0ams2L._SL1500o.jpg

Last edited:

dagraham

I’ve said this before, but I wish we could just have the three cuts in 4k and the extras. £30+ for something of which only half the discs are any use to me seems excessive. The blu rays may as well be used as coasters for all the use I’ll get out of them.

I’ll buy it because I want the theatrical cut in 4k, but I don’t really get the need. There is a separate release for the blu rays ( all remastered).

latenightbarbarian

I suspect that is the description for the 6 disc collectors. Looking at the cases the cheaper one wouldn't seem able to contain the same number of discs

View attachment 1193816 View attachment 1193825 or one on top of the other View attachment 1193823
Actually... this is the corresponding paragraph from the Collector's Edition description. Difference between the two in bold :rotfl:

All three versions of this film are available on this 6 disc release including Apocalypse Now: The Final Cut, Apocalypse Now: Theatrical Cut, and Apocalypse Now Redux Extended Cut.

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
It appears to be structured like Australia's release.

1. A 6 disc 'premium' release with all three cuts and extras.

2. A cheaper 3 disc release, that only includes the Final Cut on UHD/BD and Hearts of Darkness on the third BD.

Last edited:

darren68uk

darren68uk

And another posted, taking next week off has worked out just fine.
I’m off this n next week also :)
Started working my way thru my marvel 4K collection , not sure when I’ll have time for this, the mrs absolutely hates apocalypse now, so def a home alone job :rotfl:

Russ_64

Same here! This and John Wick 3 on way tonight, big movie weekend coming up :)

FevreDream

This is my first order with Zoom, for FM's who've used them before how long do dispatched orders usually take to arrive with their free delivery? I was wondering if I'll get it Saturday or Monday, or after that.

vader100

I originally held off pre-ordering as I wanted to be sure the UK version was of the same quality as the US one. It’s only now that I’ve noticed it was a limited edition ( I just assumed that the full fat version would come back in stock in a couple of weeks).

Might have to rush to order it from Zavvi as it’s the only place to have it in stock!
I ordered from Zavvi on the 11th, still showing as processing.

Ludovico

Standard Member
Got mine...

All versions only have English audio, I'm afraid. No German subtitles either, just English, Spanish & French.

Russ_64

Mine also landed today (but not John Wick 3). Zoom are always fast to send preorders and you get free next day delivery!

Glad I waited for the UK UHD as it has a nice box unlike the US one that did not (I think from what I saw on YT?). Art work inside and out is the best I have seen, Wow!

PS - Pics are here: What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

Last edited:

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Mine just arrived from amazon which surprised me as they never normally arrive early these days

doug56hl

Distinguished Member
Mine also landed today (but not John Wick 3). Zoom are always fast to send preorders and you get free next day delivery!

Glad I waited for the UK UHD as it has a nice box unlike the US one that did not (I think from what I saw on YT?). Art work inside and out is the best I have seen, Wow!

PS - Pics are here: What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)
Also seperate hubs for each disc vs stacked discs in the USA one. Overall the UK release is a far nicer bit of packaging.

Bikeroy71

Got my Steelbook from Zavvi this morning. Should have gone for normal one. Stacked 3 deep on each side. Looks good but take one out have to be careful putting it back on!15684636768218024628569339735987.jpg 15684637065783336198669817787992.jpg 15684637533709190298240559011039.jpg

darren68uk

Got my Steelbook from Zavvi this morning. Should have gone for normal one. Stacked 3 deep on each side. Looks good but take one out have to be careful putting it back on!View attachment 1194759 View attachment 1194760 View attachment 1194761
Hmmm still wouldn’t dissuade me, got mine this morning as well, obviously not an option for everyone, but given there’s a lot to choose from on this set, I’m going to rip it to my nas, then my steelbook can stay un molested :D

Nidge

Standard Member
Ive had the collectors edition on order from Zavvi since May. Today I notice the delivery date has changed to December 31st! Has anyone actually received the collectors edition yet from Zavvi or seen the date change like my order seems to have?

Bikeroy71

Ive had the collectors edition on order from Zavvi since May. Today I notice the delivery date has changed to December 31st! Has anyone actually received the collectors edition yet from Zavvi or seen the date change like my order seems to have?
Amazon still showing as Monday(not much of a guarantee). Noticed Zoom were showing a version still last week however its disappeared which I thought was odd!

doug56hl

Distinguished Member
Amazon still showing as Monday(not much of a guarantee). Noticed Zoom were showing a version still last week however its disappeared which I thought was odd!
That's changed from earlier when amazon was showing unavailable. I'm guessing amazon got the stock of it that Zavvi and Zoom thought they were getting...;)

Bikeroy71

Somebody just posted on another site Amazon have charged them on there Debit Card and they have lots left. Looks like Zavvi got back stopped by Amazon.

Russ_64

Just watched all 3 hours of the Final Cut and it is really good. Glad I have a great OLED as there are a lot of very dark scenes.