• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

APOCALYPS3 Now: Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Continued from here!

IanW1977

Getting Silly now,They released a statement on Sunday that it would be up this week and then a faffy update Tuesday and nothing since then.

I'm wondering how game developers are reacting esp Treyarch with the map packs.

millsman

Banned
Is someone able to summarise exactly what is happening when PSN is back up and running.

I'm sure i've read that they are giving away things for free to try and make people happy again but don't know exactly what has been offered (if anything at all).

Would just be easier seeing it in summary on this first page.

Basically PSN to be restored in stages starting this week, users will be given 1 months access to PS+ with some free downloads.

No update on the psn blog since the 03.05.11 which is really frustrating

millsman

Banned
Getting Silly now,They released a statement on Sunday that it would be up this week and then a faffy update Tuesday and nothing since then.

I read a reaction form EA's CEO this morning I will see if I can find it

millsman

Banned
The lack of updates is frustrating. Don't understand how there PR man can't just log onto twitter for 5 minutes and update everyone. Surely that is his job??

Agree mate, considering how much sheet they are in at the moment, you would think they would have someone posting regular updates to ease the frustration.

Last update on the blog was the 03.05 which was an update about SOE hack, its not good enough

They really need to have someone who has their finger on the pulse, like you say how long does it take to post an update

millsman

Banned

The post from EA's CEO was about about their financial results, whan asked about the PSN outage, he said that he hoped it would be back on soon & it was having a modest impact financially.

I'm sure that Sony said that they would reimburse game developers for any lost revenue.

It would be nice to have some pressure applied by the gaming industry, it might give Sony the kick up the backside that they obviously need

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
That rabid walker updates daily saying 'no news yet folks'

So nothing has really been said about the PSN actually going up since the press conference last Saturday. :thumbsdow

@Wario. Hmm interesting idea. Got a few month to think of a catchy cliquey title. :cool:

Fit

Need to get it sorted out soon because as it stands I can't even be arsed switching the PS3 on.
quite like the look of Sniper:Ghost Warrior thats out tomorrow that keep me interested till PSN gets switched on again

Wario

Banned
It's getting bad now.

Every single night all the LW's are huddled together in the chat room until the early hours talking about the good ol' times.

Chalky, let me know if you need any help with the Tournaments.....................Title.:p

millsman

Banned
It's getting bad now.

Every single night all the LW's are huddled together in the chat room until the early hours talking about the good ol' times.

Chalky, let me know if you need any help with the Tournaments.....................Title.:p

The smell is horrible, KMC needs to wash his nads

lee667

Distinguished Member
Is someone able to summarise exactly what is happening when PSN is back up and running.

I'm sure i've read that they are giving away things for free to try and make people happy again but don't know exactly what has been offered (if anything at all).

Would just be easier seeing it in summary on this first page.

only that peeps will get 30 days free psn+ and existing psn+ peeps will get an extra 2/3 weeks on top. no news on the other freebies though, apparently they will be announced over the coming weeks.

IanW1977

According to a statement from Sony, which held a press conference regarding the recent shut down on the companies online gaming site, they expect to have the Playstation network back online for users by the end of this week.

The network was shut down in the wake of hacking attacks against the company which led to the theft of credit card and bank account information of former customers. In response to the break-in, and to give the company more time to improve security, Sony shut down the Sony Online Entertainment site which allows online gamers to play games with each other over the internet using their Playstation 3 consoles as well as through Facebook.

During the press conference in Japan today, Sony executive Kazuo Hirai told gaming customers that that they would be able to enjoy their online games by Friday of this week and apologized for the down time.The improvements to the site will require Sony PlayStation 3 customers to accept a system software update to their console, and will require them to change the password on their accounts as well. These and other internal layers of enhanced security are designed to prevent future breaches of the company's network and keep customer information safe.

Barry_

Distinguished Member
FFN = February Fight Night - the rate this is going!!!

KMC

Banned
FFN kickstarted some members love with Black ops. :smashin:

Millsman "Who's Noobtubing"

:laugh::laugh:

I am sorry it still cracks me up till today.

There are more regions then just Japan, UK and USA.

The Americas, Russia, even the folks down under.

trent steel

I think they should give us the full series of "The Sale of the Century" starring Nicholas Parsons to keep us occupied while it’s down

millsman

Banned
FFN kickstarted some members love with Black ops. :smashin:

Millsman "Who's Noobtubing"

:laugh::laugh:

I am sorry it still cracks me up till today.

There are more regions then just Japan, UK and USA.

The Americas, Russia, even the folks down under.

Barsteward, it wasn't as good as I'll take B, twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom