1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aphrodite System Error. Help Please!

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by im123456, Mar 4, 2005.

1. im123456

im123456
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have an Aphrodite system but when i turn it on it says. "Sorry a system error has occured. Please contact your dealer." It is a pretty new system. Does anyone know if there is a way to reset it or how to fix this without sending it in? If i have to i will, i just was trying to avoid having to wait around for it to be fixed when i could maybe do it at home. It is running software version 1.21. Thanks a bunch.

im123456@aol.com :lease:

2. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,

This one made me think a bit as I'm not guilty for this baby! The problem your machine has is that the EEPROM (device that stores the various user settings when machine is switched off) has become corrupted. This could be a genuine device failure, a stuck bus due to another device on the I2C bus that has failed, or a case of having the power switch off when it was writing to the device.

Problem is that the Aphrodite software doesn't have a user based EEPROM reset (ultimate confidence by the original developers!), so you can't do much about it. It needs to go back to the factory where they can do it on their production jig via the TAGtronic bus.

Sorry I can't be any more help... next stage is call up IAG.

3. im123456

im123456
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the info. Atleast i know that there isn't much i can do about it from home. What about trying to reinstall the system software? Might that work? The reason i ask and do not just try is that i can't seem to find my tagtronic cable and if there is no hope that it will fix it then i don't want to go buy another cable for no reason.

4. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    If your anywhere near W1 on Thursday (when I'm next in the office) you can bring it over and I'll try to re-flash the software with our cable, if that doesn't work you will be sending it to Huntingdon..... (Oh and bring the latest software with you as I don;t know if it is available for download and we never had that unit so it isn't on our laptop....

5. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I don't think reflashing the software will help, as the code itself seems to be executing as expected. That error only shows on startup and is based on a check for a known ID to be written in the EEPROM. If it's not there then it assumes all is not well and shows this rather generic error. Reflashing the software will not cause the unit to reset it's EEPROM content, it will just rewrite the contents of the system FLASH.

6. canavan

canavan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Reflashing the software will not cause the unit to reset it's EEPROM content

Even if you downgrade the software?

7. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Nope! :)

8. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Its buggered then........Back to Huntingdon methinks....

9. im123456

im123456
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well thanks for the info. I guess it getting sent back then. Any reason of why they didn't incorporate a user reset? It would have made life a lot easier.. Graham, thanks for the offer but i guess it won't make any sense.
    im123456