Question Aphrodite remote control code question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by copydex, Feb 10, 2018.

1. copydex

copydex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

I have an Aphrodite which I want to use again but cannot find my remote control for it, maybe lost in a housemove at some point, and for which I have been unable to source a genuine Tag replacement remote. I have a universal remote control (a One For All URC 8305) which I have been experimenting with to try and get it to control basic (volume and CD playback is really all that's required) functions on the Tag but so far have only been able to get it to work play, stop, next and back.

I have found a list of the Tag Mclaren command codes/keys on the internet and wonder if it is possible to somehow use this list, in conjunction with the commands my One For All remote already has, to expand the available control buttons programmed into my learning remote?

Apologies for my ignorance and also if I have posted this in the wrong forum - wasn't sure whether to put it here or into another section of the forum more specific to remotes.

2. karlknurr

karlknurr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  3. karlknurr

karlknurr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    And that there the romte control codes

Attached Files:

4. copydex

copydex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replies. The remote in Germany is a bit more than I hope to have to pay for a replacement if I buy one, the last one sold in the UK sold for about £20 so I will stick with trying to programme my One For All remote for the moment.

Regarding that, the link you provided is the same document I found too, I am just trying to work out how I use the codes provided on the Tag Mclaren document to programme my remote control. The One For All has been programmed with their code of 1189 which is supposed to be for Tag, though only operates 'play', 'stop', 'next' and 'previous' on the Aphrodite. I want to try to get it to do the volume 'up' and 'down' too if possible but am not sure how to put the codes from the linked document in. The One For All (model URC-8305) has a Key Magic function to add extra controls but needs a 5 digit code from the manufacturer, so I am not sure what that 5 digit number would be. I guess I could try a '0' in front of, say, '21 16' to try to add the command for 'volume +' but wonder if anyone has direct experience of doing it who can advise?

5. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    if she (the seller) finds out you put her in germany she might not want to sell it to you at all :D

6. copydex

copydex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oops - how stupid of me not to notice that :blush: