Aphrodite F3 Series Repairs

AMCross

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys how you all doing today :thumbsup:

Anybody had a new cd mech fitted to the above unit what was the cost ?

Another long shot anybody had a motherboard replaced and what the damage

I will await some answers and then tell you why i need to know ;)

no one had any problems with their unit then or are they that rare :rotfl:

Are IAG still manufacturing them ?

AMCross said:
Hi guys how you all doing today :thumbsup:

Anybody had a new cd mech fitted to the above unit what was the cost ?

Another long shot anybody had a motherboard replaced and what the damage

I will await some answers and then tell you why i need to know ;)
Hi, during my time at TMA there were very, very few Aphrodite cd mech repairs, some of which were attributed to bad handling (as the laser is exposed). I cannot recollect a motherboard replacement at all. The board would usually be repaired, if there was an error. Aphrodite was/is overall a very reliable product. If you are good at DIY, then you could replace the mech yourself. I guess the part will cost around GBP 75 or so (material, not labour!).

Overall, about 500 Aphroditea were manufactured whilst I was at TMA. Unfortunately the market for true audiophile all-in-one systems is extremely limited, hence, I believe, Aphrodite might remain -for all times- a very special product. It's performance is truly amazing - in addition is just a beauty.

Btw. the CD mech used inisde Aphrodite is not longer available (I am not talking about spare part quantity!), hence I doubt that Aphrodites are still manufactured today. Well, I might be wrong and IAG might have converted Aphrodite to a diffeerent mech.

Thanks Udo
My new unit has a fault not sure what yet as it still on a boat/plane to my address

What cd unit was used if you can recall

Thanks Again :thumbsup:

Dr Udo Zucker said:
If you are good at DIY, then you could replace the mech yourself. I guess the part will cost around GBP 75 or so (material, not labour!).

What I am interested is:
If you are a VERY good at DIY could you replace mch on DVD32R?

and where do you get them from?

I would imagine Udo is talking about a cd mechanism for the Aphrodite @ £75 being an easy fix not the complicate dvd mech of a DVD32R

A DVD32R mechanism must be a much larger and easier to cock up type of job best left to the professional

Udo

thanks again for you input to use your quote

"Btw. the CD mech used inisde Aphrodite is not longer available (I am not talking about spare part quantity!), hence I doubt that Aphrodites are still manufactured today. Well, I might be wrong and IAG might have converted Aphrodite to a diffeerent mech"

You are indeed correct i was told today by IAG that these units are no longer made and the last units were made three years ago :mad:

AMCross said:
You are indeed correct i was told today by IAG that these units are no longer made and the last units were made three years ago :mad:

Does this mean they cannot repair the one you bought from NZ?

so so the damm think powered up tonight and played two cds and then when i switched it off it went again :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom