Apex Legends (X1)

Agree about the pub games but then again they are meant to be casual so I suppose I can understand why there are no penalties. It is annoying though when they drop hot, die and then leave all before you have found a weapon and had a chance to recover their banner
Yeah - super annoying - especially when you actually survive the hot drop yourself....
Hence i play ranked most of the times... even though queuing with randoms can be such a hit and miss...

f.

This new season just feels off. Have they slowed down running and sliding speeds? It doesn't feel right.

I played a few games tonight & ended up winning 3 in a row - 2 x Ranked games (Plat) & 1 locked & loaded.

my last win in locked & loaded was probably the best game I ever played, the result page does not do justice how well (and luckily) I played:

2A69DF96-6C01-4BFF-8E61-A4250DBDC457.png

Kings Canyon & seriously... I have no idea really a bit if luck and knowing your playing style as well as your character. I like the 1x/2x or 2xHCOG on 301 or Flatline with the R9.... high ground and hit your shots as best you can.

That’s awesome. I still prefer kings canyon compared to the 2 other maps. Seems more 3rd partying that happens on the other 2 maps where as kings canyon you seem to go on a lot longer adventure

I thought they would rotate all 3 maps this season but they're probably busy changing World's Edge for season 9 (a guess, not an info).

I think Kings Canyon is my favourite as well... closely followed by Olympus (on which i've had most wins upon it's launch - i think it suits my gameplay best)

Platinum is such a hard work (i've mentioned it few times here already) - the jump in competitiveness between Gold and Plat is absurd... i'm winning a game and then tank next 5-10 at -36 points each and it's only the Tier protection stopping me to loose any more points... u really need to play with proper team otherwise it's very quick to erase any gains

f.

Totally agree. Your teammates make a massive difference along with where you drop. However I ended up in a lobby where my teammate was a pred in previous season & other was Master. Iam plat 4. Needless to say other teams i was ip against had min 10k kills. It was such a struggle it was not enjoyable.

Can't say I'm enjoying ranked at all this season. I'm not a great player and tend to hang around the gold level but all I play against this season are professional sweats or expletive people on a 2nd account. Not fun

It’s strange how quickly a squad can get completely wiped in a few seconds isn’t it. I often spectate after been killed. An example was one team of 3 embedded on top of a building just waiting and looking for opponent’s, that team did come and somehow how in an instant the team that had been waiting all died even though they had the high ground. Another I watched, team of 3 were doing well and had gold armour, just ran up a hill and were all dead in seconds

When internet always games came out it was great the thought of endless online play. But as I see it now the friends and party system has really taken away the enjoyment of playing the online games.

You can’t always play with friends so go solo, but because it’s so encouraged now to join games with friends, for the solo players it’s really not enjoyable to play against them. It’s something games should start taking into account, only one game I know of, the last of us does this, has a no party mode, and it’s still going strong today on the PlayStation

Can’t see it changing, play with friends is the message now, so solo players are left to play against sweaty parties all the time, which end up most of the time for the solo players to quit the session

Last edited:
I've played solo since release as I have always had a form of social anxiety so I tend not to use a mic. When apex dropped the ping system was perfect for players like me as it took away that "comms" issue in BR. I agree on the solos comment. I don't usually play ranked and if I do I'm normally around gold tier. The thing with solo queuing is when you get a half decent teammate or 2 its fun trying to anticipate how each encounter plays out but.......
When players drop hot and quit out its so frustrating. Had a good start to this season averaging around 480 damage a game had over 25 wins a KD of 1.65 so pretty happy as a solo queue player only been playing Bangalore lately had 1003 season 7 kills and up to almost 360 this season.

Often in these discussions on reddit, the quitters blame their behaviour on the game not having a solo mode but I clearly remember this still happening every game when the solo LTM was around.

I don't quit games but would really like a Solo Queue, every single other BR Game has one.
Don't care what the Dev's reasoning is behind it, I would like one because some days I just want to rely on my own skill or lack of skill rather than team mates.

Struggling in Plat I - got to around 1/3 of it and now got down and hovering just above being kicked down to II...

I'm solo queuing and the amount of gobshites around is just unbelievable.... jumping into hottest spots, pushing with no gear etc.... it's so hard...

getting paired with people from gold... which as such isn't that bad in itself... (smurfs are everywhere) it's just they actually play like they got carried to that gold...

anyhow... enough rant... :)

cheers
f.

Struggling in Plat I - got to around 1/3 of it and now got down and hovering just above being kicked down to II...

I'm solo queuing and the amount of gobsh*tes around is just unbelievable.... jumping into hottest spots, pushing with no gear etc.... it's so hard...

getting paired with people from gold... which as such isn't that bad in itself... (smurfs are everywhere) it's just they actually play like they got carried to that gold...

anyhow... enough rant... :)

cheers
f.

I soloed plat to diamond a few weeks ago with mics muted as I can't deal with the idiot randoms... I found it easier to do it last season and it was a bit of a grind this seasons split.

I like to get top 5 or 6 cautiously and then try and get some kills and placement. Obviously if you get in a fight early so be it but I don't go looking for it.

Edit: to add, I'm very average kds positive but not by much! 😂

Last edited:
I've played solo since release as I have always had a form of social anxiety so I tend not to use a mic. When apex dropped the ping system was perfect for players like me as it took away that "comms" issue in BR. I agree on the solos comment. I don't usually play ranked and if I do I'm normally around gold tier. The thing with solo queuing is when you get a half decent teammate or 2 its fun trying to anticipate how each encounter plays out but.......
When players drop hot and quit out its so frustrating. Had a good start to this season averaging around 480 damage a game had over 25 wins a KD of 1.65 so pretty happy as a solo queue player only been playing Bangalore lately had 1003 season 7 kills and up to almost 360 this season.

I'm the same to be honest. I have a decent group of really chilled people I play with but if its randoms I just go in a part on my own as I find it just too stressful people shouting at me when I'm trying to concentrate.

If you wanted to run some games with no stress I play quite a bit with jvn off here and I don't think I have ever heard him complain or moan once, top guy. Send us a message if your on

I'm the same to be honest. I have a decent group of really chilled people I play with but if its randoms I just go in a part on my own as I find it just too stressful people shouting at me when I'm trying to concentrate.

If you wanted to run some games with no stress I play quite a bit with jvn off here and I don't think I have ever heard him complain or moan once, top guy. Send us a message if your on

I was playing with Burk & TFC Mark the other night and one of them said you were proper good with good game comms.... High praise indeed :D

Need to try and hook up for a few games at some point. PS my comms are p!$$ poor but still we always good to play with others.

As you guys have said, solo queuing with randoms can be rough when they are really abusive when they go down and find someway of ranting and raving at you as it is clearly your fault.

I do a lot of solo queuing and communicate with people if others are communicating but other than that I keep myself to myself. Although if someon is toxic if I can I will teabag their death box just to really annoy them and send them over the edge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom