Apex Legends (X1)

Played this last night got a win in first 2 games with 7 kills ... I do like the game its different its taken bits from other BR games and added other bits in and overall I think its paid off.

Played a couple of rounds last night with random people. The loot spot and commands work well. The revive after death by collecting the players banner can cause chaos as when they drop back in they have zero gear. I had 2 other squads firing down as the ship came in. The initial drop keeps players together but you can break from the squad as you drop. Seems to play slower on the xbox as I watched a few streams on twitch with pc players and it looked manic I then tried it out on the one x and it wasn't as fast paced. Maybe as it's new and players getting to grips with it which for me isn't a bad thing

Played a couple of rounds last night with random people. The loot spot and commands work well. The revive after death by collecting the players banner can cause chaos as when they drop back in they have zero gear. I had 2 other squads firing down as the ship came in. The initial drop keeps players together but you can break from the squad as you drop. Seems to play slower on the xbox as I watched a few streams on twitch with pc players and it looked manic I then tried it out on the one x and it wasn't as fast paced. Maybe as it's new and players getting to grips with it which for me isn't a bad thing

All games play at a faster pace on pc compared to any console

Yeah, It just looked manic from the get go but when I played it last night it wasn't the case which for me is a good thing as my reactions are not as quick as they used to be.

None of Titanfall's parkour either, according to an IGN video I watched earlier.

It's very Titanfall light imo.

The Gunplay is similar and maps feel very Titanfall and there are abilities and weapons from Titanfall but the best way I can explain it is it's like a Titanfall Mobile game without the Titans and Movement. You can use a grapple on one of the characters and there are Zip Lines all over the map and you can easily climb stuff and slide but no wallrunning or Titans.

It's good fun but I would be surprised if this was a development offshoot of Titanfall 3 but then it could be a case of TF3 Development being canned and this being given to the team to come up with a BR within 6 Months.

We didn't seem to have the issue of landing with loads of other last night, which 9 times of out 10 happens in Blackout - resulting in a frantic search for a weapon, usually not finding one and being gunned down unarmed. Need to play more of course but that was an impression of mine.

I also like the call-outs from the announcer - first blood, top killer etc.

The Map is huge though and with only 60 Players you can easily drop and loot without running into anyone else for a few minutes.

The Gunplay is similar and maps feel very Titanfall and there are abilities and weapons from Titanfall but the best way I can explain it is it's like a Titanfall Mobile game without the Titans and Movement. You can use a grapple on one of the characters and there are Zip Lines all over the map and you can easily climb stuff and slide but no wallrunning or Titans.

Pretty much sums it up. There's no obvious mention or reference to Titanfall anywhere either that I could see...strange - it'd be interesting to know exactly what happened. I'm sure I'd read TF3 was in development, but got canned, and this was what came of it.

It's good fun but I would be surprised if this was a development offshoot of Titanfall 3 but then it could be a case of TF3 Development being canned and this being given to the team to come up with a BR within 6 Months.
titanfall 2 didnt hit EA target they wanted more I think this BR is a good move from them

The whole team at respawn 125 members have been working on this game for 2 years. The game won’t be this poilished if rushed 6 months..

I think it shows the effort they have put it plays well on the X
Yeah you can tell plenty of thought when in to this game and the amount of skins are insane lol. I had about 5 games last night (won 1) and it plays really well and the gunnplay is superb. And I just say how good the ping system is!!

Don't get me wrong I like the game, it plays really well and is polished but it also does feel and look like a Free to Play game and does feel rushed compared to TF1 or TF2, this is no way a successor from TF2 and can't see the whole of Respawn working on this as they are also working on Star Wars stuff and TF3 was also in development.

I can understand why they shifted to a F2P Battle Royale game as it must be more cost effective but it does not have the polish of Titanfall imo. It's not as polished or tight at something like Blackout or Fortnite. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's been out a Day and I did not go to bed until 2:30am and was up at 6am and it's been a long time since I have done that.

Hopefully it gets the updates it deserves and more polish.

It's a very unique take on the BR format and has some great features.

It just does play and feel like a F2P Titanfall Light Game. Not a bad thing but can't see how this had 2 years of development from the same Team that delivered TF2 imo.

Last edited:
Cheers for the rounds @King Tones shame we didn't get that win, managed a second, not a bad game tbh, runs well, looks good, need quick reactions which I don't have, and in typical EA game style, get stuck on objects resulting in dying, but overall enjoyed it.

I managed a win with randoms 2 games later, we just had great loot and a great circle.

Plays very well and can see me sinking some hours into this.

Sorry was not on comms but Games Room is right next to my Daughters room and wife would kill me if I woke her up with late night game chatter.

Don't get me wrong I like the game, it plays really well and is polished but it also does feel and look like a Free to Play game and does feel rushed compared to TF1 or TF2, this is no way a successor from TF2 and can't see the whole of Respawn working on this as they are also working on Star Wars stuff and TF3 was also in development.

I can understand why they shifted to a F2P Battle Royale game as it must be more cost effective but it does not have the polish of Titanfall imo. It's not as polished or tight at something like Blackout or Fortnite. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's been out a Day and I did not go to bed until 2:30am and was up at 6am and it's been a long time since I have done that.

Hopefully it gets the updates it deserves and more polish.

It's a very unique take on the BF format and has some great features.

It just does play and feel like a F2P Titanfall Light Game. Not a bad thing but can't see how this had 2 years of development from the same Team that delivered TF2 imo.
All depends on in-game purchases on who will be putting the work into it in the future. EA 70% of there turn over has been microtransations, and lets not get started on fortnite.........

Wanted to ask @BigD18t how did you unlock that Character ?
Did you purchase coins or something ?
Yeah, i had 1000 coins added for being a EA access member so chose him, there were two to unlock and he looked pretty sweet, just need to get used to his ability's.

Would like an Ammo change and Grenade Button remap, I like the Ping on RB but I think nades need to have a dedicated button especially seeing as you get an abundance of nade's.

Would like an Ammo change and Grenade Button remap, I like the Ping on RB but I think nades need to have a dedicated button especially seeing as you get an abundance of nade's.

They do need to do something about the ammo on the game. few games last night ammo was very hard to come by was struggling

They do need to do something about the ammo on the game. few games last night ammo was very hard to come by was struggling

Yeah and I don't think Ammo should take up Backpack Slots imo
Looting an enemy needs a tweak also as it's a bit awkward scrolling down.

I like how it always switches the attachments if you switch out a gun or tells you that you already have superior attachments on your gun.

With a few tweaks it could be very polished and smooth.

I've been enjoying it today, hadn't even heard of it until last night. Still trying to figure out the controls though. So far had 1 win and a 3rd place. The action can get quite frantic at times.

I've had a couple of instances, where it feels like you are running through treacle and it goes so slow..... Then it speeds up again.

The best bit, the map loads straight away, the graphics are superb and it actually plays well

After being a Cod/Halo/Gears for so many years about 6months my son gave me a copy of TF2 since then i have not played anything AT ALL,was so looking for TF3 so a little disappointed,will still play this though,it will be my 1st Battle Royale type of game so it will be interesting to see how it plays out

Xbox gamer tag is FusedANUBIS 1

titanfall 2 didnt hit EA target they wanted more I think this BR is a good move from them

Didn't EA release TF2 at silly time of year. It was like they wanted it to fail.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom