Apex Legends (X1)

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
A Battle Royale from Respawn set in the Titanfall Universe, released...Monday....supposedly!

Rod Breslau on Twitter

Sources who have played and have knowledge of the game confirm to me that Respawn is set to announce and release Apex Legends on Monday Feb 4, a free to play Titanfall Hero Battle Royale game for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Apex Legends will feature classes/heroes with unique abilities, maximum of 60 players per server, maximum of 3 players per team (trios) to compliment each other. No titans. Just as Titanfall and Titanfall 2, Apex Legends will run on a modified version of Valve's Source engine.

Micro-transactions and lootboxes for cosmetic items and in-game content are said to be in Apex Legends with a very similar approach to that in Overwatch.

Jason Schreier on Twitter

This is true. Also, a great way to ensure your game gets leaked is to have a bunch of influencers play it before it's even announced lol

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
This will be interesting for sure, hopefully it's good.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
If it has the gun and gameplay of TF then it should be fantastic. Assume it's an offshoot of the Apex Predators Faction in Titanfall. Expect a lot of lines from Blisk !

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Rumour is trailer/announcement at Superbowl tonight....

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
8am PT, Vince tweeted.
Looks like it's on
It is, which is 4pm here, they have a twitch channel set up, hopefully youtuYo as well so I can watch on a tv here.

Looks like it's 5PM as thats when IGN stream goes up.

A bit like EA's staggered release for games, this stream is also confusing, currently it's just a teaser on Twitch, Twitch

then at 8pm its a full stream.

Last edited:

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
Possible leaked map image

IMG_20190204_162828.jpg

King Tones

Distinguished Member
If it's released today then it's going to be a late night in the Tones household !

King Tones

Distinguished Member
They can charge all they want for a Titanfall BR game and I will hand over the money. They can make fantastic maps and game mechanics so if it's anything like TF in gameplay then I am going to sink some hours into this.

Hey @ImBurkalicious Titanfall BR tickle your fancy ?!?!

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
So far the video ties in with the map, We've had Artillery now it's Market and the start was Bridges.

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
So the map is definitely correct, and this is a leak of one of the characters seen in the stream so far.

IMG_20190204_172243.jpg

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
25.26gb download available now.

Jayc1976

Looks interesting but it doesn't seem to have duos or solo modes not a big talker in games but I like the marking of loot system they have in place. Will give it a try though.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Rumours are that this replaces TF3 as Development shifted from the sequel to this. Extremely sad if this is true.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Rumours are that this replaces TF3 as Development shifted from the sequel to this. Extremely sad if this is true.

Agree, but hopefully if this does well then it may reinvigorate the Titanfall brand a little.

Having played a few games tonight, I’m pretty impressed. Looks pretty decent, runs super smooth and they’ve added some nice ideas to the BR formula (eg JumpMaster to control whole squad to keep everyone together and the possibility to respawn your members of your squad)

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
Cheers for the rounds @King Tones shame we didn't get that win, managed a second, not a bad game tbh, runs well, looks good, need quick reactions which I don't have, and in typical EA game style, get stuck on objects resulting in dying, but overall enjoyed it.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Hadn't heard anything about this at all until I saw at one point last night 7 people on my FL were playing it....

When it comes to BR games I have PUBG but barely played it and can't stand Fortnite although the kids are hooked on it. Not even booted up Blackout even though via game sharing with my son I have it also. Looking forward to the BF5 option and this looks potentially awesome also. I like the fact they've introduced different ideas into the mix too

Have set to install and will try it tomorrow. I loved Titanfall but barely played the mp especially on TF2.

N0ddie

Played 2 games late last night. Game plays very very similar to Blackout. Will definitely take a bit of time to master the controls/abilities but think it may be worth the effort.

Solo and Duos would be nice. Playing as a 2 man against other teams of 3 is hard.

turk3y

Played 2 games late last night. Game plays very very similar to Blackout. Will definitely take a bit of time to master the controls/abilities but think it may be worth the effort.

Solo and Duos would be nice. Playing as a 2 man against other teams of 3 is hard.

I'm my limited time in blackout it was rare for auto filled lobby to jump to the same spot. Too many KD Padders in there.

At least in this the jump commander will encourage closer team drops.

Love the reveal gameplay, the first thing was it had titanfall movement fluidity and verticality.

Will certainly be up for some of this.

The poor Titanfall sales were criminal and I hope this.cam steamroll Respawn back into contention.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett