Apex Legends (PS4)

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
A Battle Royale from Respawn set in the Titanfall Universe, released...Monday....supposedly!

Rod Breslau on Twitter

Sources who have played and have knowledge of the game confirm to me that Respawn is set to announce and release Apex Legends on Monday Feb 4, a free to play Titanfall Hero Battle Royale game for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Apex Legends will feature classes/heroes with unique abilities, maximum of 60 players per server, maximum of 3 players per team (trios) to compliment each other. No titans. Just as Titanfall and Titanfall 2, Apex Legends will run on a modified version of Valve's Source engine.

Micro-transactions and lootboxes for cosmetic items and in-game content are said to be in Apex Legends with a very similar approach to that in Overwatch.

Jason Schreier on Twitter

This is true. Also, a great way to ensure your game gets leaked is to have a bunch of influencers play it before it's even announced lol

There's me thinking it was a new racing game....:rotfl:

No jetpacks or wall running either.
And no Titans. So it's CoD-Fortnight, but teams of 3?

I saw a rumour a few days back, that because of the "Apex" name it may have been Mass Effect related (from MEA's Apex units).

And no Titans. So it's CoD-Fortnight, but teams of 3?

I saw a rumour a few days back, that because of the "Apex" name it may have been Mass Effect related (from MEA's Apex units).

Sounds more like CoD Blackout-Overwatch, since there are different classes and heroes, but set in the Titanfall universe.

Seems pretty decent based on first impressions - managed 2nd in my third game! Refreshing for a game to work at launch too ;) . Maybe that's because so few know its out :p

Think I'll give some more time to this or Blackout again - easier to fill a couple of slots with AVF than hoping for a whole AVF squad on BFV everytime :)

Had a few games, got killed a lot. It has some interesting mechanics to separate it from the other BR games. Not sure if it will replace fortnite as the main BR, but will give it a fair go. Still waiting to see what Firestorm ends up like.

Had a couple of games, and coming straight from BF to this I was like "what do I do?" After a few more games I'm sure it will start to flow. Have no idea which guns are best, like that the map is varied, sure there are some sweet spots for snipers and to ambush the enemy.

Or maybe a similar way you call in the v2 on bf after accumulating so many squad points? If they did, they would have to make it easy to take down or it would be a tad OP :laugh:

Or maybe a similar way you call in the v2 on bf after accumulating so many squad points? If they did, they would have to make it easy to take down or it would be a tad OP :laugh:

Think one character has an airstrike ability anyway??

Think one character has an airstrike ability anyway??

Two of them do. Gibraltar has a mortar strike that concentrates on one area. Bangalor has an artillery strike that rolls across in a line. Gibraltar also has a dome shield, which I would hope protects your squad against the air strike.

Two of them do. Gibraltar has a mortar strike that concentrates on one area. Bangalor has an artillery strike that rolls across in a line. Gibraltar also has a dome shield, which I would hope protects your squad against the air strike.

I've got a learning to do - so far I only know how to shoot, heal and throw grenades :p

For free this is very good, great even but...

from the few games i played this afternoon it seems to suffer from massive console aim even with the sensitivity turned right up.

BF5 with its fully customisable controls, allowing the player to take it to the nth degree, has spoilt me.

Oh, this looks worth a try.

Had a few more games last night with @WhiteHartMart, and I'm on the fence with it. Maybe its I'm so use to the gunplay of BF5, I can never seem to land a hit. Still figuring out which guns are best, they have a lot of horizontal recoil. Re-spawn feature is a neat touch.

I think with a squad of AVF it will be fun.

Had a few more games last night with @WhiteHartMart, and I'm on the fence with it. Maybe its I'm so use to the gunplay of BF5, I can never seem to land a hit. Still figuring out which guns are best, they have a lot of horizontal recoil. Re-spawn feature is a neat touch.

I think with a squad of AVF it will be fun.

I was playing it with Curt last night and noticed you were on - a shame the squads are just three!

Still getting to grips with it, coming from fortnite, I was a bit confused about how weapon rarity worked. Think I have that sussed now.

Shame its just 3, do like the fact you all drop as a group. When your with randoms, they do tend to stick with you rather than sod off at the earliest moment.

On again tonight for few more ?

Shame its just 3, do like the fact you all drop as a group. When your with randoms, they do tend to stick with you rather than sod off at the earliest moment.

On again tonight for few more ?

The randoms we had would normally stay with us, at least until we landed. Most stayed close by for the whole game. I'll probably be on again tonight.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom