Apex Legends (PC)

Zimbabwe

Novice Member
any comparable thoughts about this game and pubg?
I've watched YT vids where author state there are muuuuuch advantages in those royal battle type game, so I want to clear is that was promo or it is really so?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
any comparable thoughts about this game and pubg?
I've watched YT vids where author state there are muuuuuch advantages in those royal battle type game, so I want to clear is that was promo or it is really so?

I actually prefer Apex now. It has a lot of improvements over PUBG for example instant fitting of attachments you pick up, plus the legend features which add a new dimension.

Just one map at the moment on Apex, but I imagine this will increase in time.

The whole game just seems quicker than PUBG. Quicker to land, movement is faster, quicker to get into the action and most of the time quicker to die, but that's just me. I've had some great games and been champion a few times now. I would say with a decent squad it is an easier game to become Champion in than PUBG is.

They are very different games really. PUBG is very much trying to be a realistic shooter, Apex is more on the arcade side.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Anyone still playing this?
Just bought the season pass as it was only £10.

Really enjoying it, but it is a completely different game to PUBG. the games are a lot quicker and you die quite quickly. Normally a couple of PUBG games last 30minutes or more if you do well, last night I’d played about 10 games of Apex in about 10 minutes until finally a decent squad and we finished 2nd. It might help to think of it differently as I’m sure those who like PUBG would like this if they thought of it differently. You can die and be in the next game in just a few seconds as the game starts quickly and you don’t have to wait a minute in the lobby and another minute for the plane to get where you want like in PUBG.

It is very a fun game.

Also, saw my first hacker last night. He was in our squad.
As he was jumpmaster we zoomed to the ground in about 2 seconds, then he was zooming all over the place. I quit straight away as didn’t want to be linked to him, but a clear hacker. Shame.

It’s just tricky playing with fandoms, so if anyone wants a game, let me know!

stument

Distinguished Member
Yup, play it most nights.

Prefer this to PUBG

Foster

Distinguished Member
Playing Sekiro atm so this is on the back burner!

Ftorek

Playing regularly... part of AvF Club - but most lads there are xbox (i usually post in their thread - for very long time i wasn't even aware it's xbox thread :D

Really enjoying it, but it is a completely different game to PUBG. the games are a lot quicker and you die quite quickly. Normally a couple of PUBG games last 30minutes or more if you do well, last night I’d played about 10 games of Apex in about 10 minutes until finally a decent squad and we finished 2nd. It might help to think of it differently as I’m sure those who like PUBG would like this if they thought of it differently. You can die and be in the next game in just a few seconds as the game starts quickly and you don’t have to wait a minute in the lobby and another minute for the plane to get where you want like in PUBG.

Never played PUBG but after long Apex stint tried COD: Warzone and it was sooo slow... couldn't play it honestly :)

Cheers and happy kills :)
f.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom