Apex Legends (PC)

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
A Battle Royale from Respawn set in the Titanfall Universe, released...Monday....supposedly!

Rod Breslau on Twitter

Sources who have played and have knowledge of the game confirm to me that Respawn is set to announce and release Apex Legends on Monday Feb 4, a free to play Titanfall Hero Battle Royale game for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Apex Legends will feature classes/heroes with unique abilities, maximum of 60 players per server, maximum of 3 players per team (trios) to compliment each other. No titans. Just as Titanfall and Titanfall 2, Apex Legends will run on a modified version of Valve's Source engine.

Micro-transactions and lootboxes for cosmetic items and in-game content are said to be in Apex Legends with a very similar approach to that in Overwatch.

Jason Schreier on Twitter

This is true. Also, a great way to ensure your game gets leaked is to have a bunch of influencers play it before it's even announced lol

Foster

Distinguished Member
No advertising no nothing?

aslird

The game is out on Origin, and available to download right now. Free to play.

stument

Distinguished Member
Anyone know the Player Size per Match?

stument

Distinguished Member
Just won 5 in a row.... haha it is a fun game love the fast pace

Foster

Distinguished Member
really good fun, first time playing it tonight and won 2.

Adcook

Distinguished Member
I really enjoyed the couple of games I had with this last night, I love the fast paced nature of the gameplay and the [lack of] time it takes to get into a match and start.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
A Message from Vince Zampella on Apex Legends

In 72 hours, over 10 million players have jumped into Apex Legends and we’ve breached 1 million concurrent players!

This has been a truly incredible journey. We tested and tweaked. We argued and agreed. We got to a point where we felt some magic. We knew it would be risky to take the franchise in this direction, to go free to play, and do a surprise launch. But we fell in love with Apex Legends and wanted, needed, other people to play it too.

We hoped you’d love it as much as us, but never in our wildest dreams could we have expected the outpouring of support and positivity we’ve seen. From all of us at Respawn, thank you for giving us and Apex Legends a chance. Thank you for joining us on this journey. This is just the beginning! We have so much more in store for you this year.

See you in the arena!

Vince Zampella
Respawn Entertainment

Thug

Just give it a go and I quite like it.
Never played a game like this before (like PUBG or Fortnight etc), but coming from COD and BF it’s easy to pick up and play.
Like the fast paced action, but not keen on the ‘one life’, especially as I am rubbish at the game.
I am now on level 4 (or 5) and don’t even have a kill yet.
It reminds me a little of Quake.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Like the fast paced action, but not keen on the ‘one life’, especially as I am rubbish at the game.

From the vids and reviews I have seen this is apparently the one game that tries to keep you in the game after death as there are many opportunities for you to get revived and back in the game. I realise fort nite does this, but this is supposed to have been implemented well in this game. Squad play is integral

Thug

From the vids and reviews I have seen this is apparently the one game that tries to keep you in the game after death as there are many opportunities for you to get revived and back in the game. I realise fort nite does this, but this is supposed to have been implemented well in this game. Squad play is integral
Yes it does give you a chance to be revived as a timer counting down. Even when the counter hits zero you can still be revived by your team mate picking up your crest and taking it to a resurrection point.
Its juts a shame my squad are all as bad as me though.

gameover16

Is there a free for all/light game mode in this?

I spent around 20 minutes on it Friday night, I was thrown into a game with a team, not really knowing what I was doing I followed my teammates until we found a weapons container before I could even collect anything I was being fired at then died... I sat around waiting to be revived but nothing happened.

This was how it played out across a few games, I felt it wasn't for me and quit.

I appreciate 20 minutes isn't long enough but if this game is heavily based on teams I'll probably not bother again, I don't get enough time to play games to make me good enough to keep up...

Thug

Yeah, that's about the gist of it.
Its better if you have a few mates. We already have a clan that played CoD and BF etc, so we just tried this. I managed to revive 2 of my team mates in one game, but like you, I collected a few items, ran around a bit then got killed.
You need to get a few friends playing it, or join AVF discord group and play with a few from here.

Eddy555

Distinguished Member
I really like the style and feel of the game, and they've put a lot of effort into getting the details right. The ping system especially is great.
I am pretty awful at this type of game though, something fast and in your face and I'm shooting everywhere but on target. Maybe I just need to practice some more, I've also read that reducing the mouse speed can help with accuracy so I may persist.
It's totally about team work thoguh, the ones where I've landed with a team that stuck together, pinged properly worked really well. Those that split up were less succesful.
If people don't mind lugging me around I'd be up for teaming up as I'm sure it'd work really well that way.
Found JFs vid on it useful this morning too.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Played this last night and did find it enjoyable. First game landed and found no weapons so got pretty much immediately killed, but the next few games managed to get a few kills. Last game I lasted ages only to be killed by someone who appeared out of nowhere and killed me instantly.

gameover16

Yeah, that's about the gist of it.
Its better if you have a few mates. We already have a clan that played CoD and BF etc, so we just tried this. I managed to revive 2 of my team mates in one game, but like you, I collected a few items, ran around a bit then got killed.
You need to get a few friends playing it, or join AVF discord group and play with a few from here.

Thanks, I didn't realise AVF had a discord group, I'll jump on this as I don't really have any gaming friends.

[edit] How do I get in?

Last edited:

Thug

Thanks, I didn't realise AVF had a discord group, I'll jump on this as I don't really have any gaming friends.

[edit] How do I get in?

I have no idea, I cant remember.

drinkturps

I really want to play this but just like PUBG I am so pathetically useless at these games I'll be getting my backside handed back to me PDQ. Come to think of it any twitch reflex games I'm simply terrible at. But I love them! I blame old age.

Adcook

Distinguished Member
I got close to my first win last night, 3 kills (7 in total for the squad) but we got bested by the last squad who had more health and shield items than us basically. I have only played a couple of hours in total (I think it took me over 20 hours in pubg to get my first solo win).

Im really liking this game. It can be a bit bullet spongey but this also gives you plenty of opportunity to withdraw from a fight and reset but that does mean sometimes it comes down to who has the most shield recharge items.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips announces 806, 856 and 706 OLED TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Falcon Acoustics launches Q7 speaker kit
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Polk launches React soundbar with Alexa
  • By Andy Bassett