• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Apex A40 vs KEF LS50 LCR, must ask the question.

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
You might have read my recent summary on the LS50s, and my wife's complete and utter disdain for her design expectations, so with this in mind, opinions please. (not of my wife................the following paragraph that is!)

How does the Apex A40 stack up against the LS50 in term sof an LCR arrangement for sub/sat listening.
They are both similarly priced and both well spoken of in terms of performance, my only thoughts would be that the A40s are designed to be a "movie" speaker and the LS50s more a monitor stereo speaker, yes??
How do they compare...............?

Thanks

Last edited:

JokerJack

You might have read my recent summary on the LS50s, and my wife's complete and utter disdain for her design expectations, so with this in mind, opinions please. (not of my wife................the following paragraph that is!)

How does the Apex A40 stack up against the LS50 in term sof an LCR arrangement for sub/sat listening.
They are both similarly priced and both well spoken of in terms of performance, my only thoughts would be that the A40s are designed to be a "movie" speaker and the LS50s more a monitor stereo speaker, yes??
How do they compare...............?

Thanks

Hi - funny enough I have just setup my ls50's left and right and apex A10 on the rears.. I picked up the a10s last week and was running them while I waited for the sl50 and have to say they are really good and I was hearing more detail from the MA silvers I was running before. Even though the kefs have only just been setup and sounding like they need a really good run in period, in my opinion they are in a different league to A10's, fantastic speakers and my system is sounding unreal, so glad I went for kef front and A10 rear. Go and get a good demo, I had an hour in a demo room and was swapping the speakers loads to find the right combo for me.

I have been playing loads of music and different films today and boy does this soundstage sound amazing, I don't run a centre speaker but that's just my taste... Whatever you go for you won't regret it.. Kefs produce a wider soundstage and provide more detail in my opinion.. Enjoy :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom