Question Apartment wired with Cat6 - Sky TV question

AVRookie99

Standard Member
Firstly, I am not sure if this is the correct forum, if not, apologies.
I have recently moved into a apartment that has been wired with Cat6. There is a store cupboard where the Sky boxes are supposed to go, from here Cat6 cabling has gone to the lounge (on the wall) and the bedroom. I was looking for advice as to what bits of kit I need to buy that will send the picture & IR from the cupboard over the Cat6 to the Cat6 point on the wall in the lounge.

I would be so grateful for any help, much appreciated.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
There are lots of options to deliver HD + IR over a CAT6 cable - some will also support UHD (if you plan to use SKY Q).

Some systems are more stable than others, don't require power at both ends of the system and apply no processing to the video signal; whilst others will apply some form of processing.

Lots of options on the market - our Extender utilises HDBT (an industry recognised chip set) see, HD100STP – The Media Factory

Joe

PS The above system has two way IR - in most systems the IR will be going from the Display end back to the Source!

AVRookie99

Standard Member
Thank you Joe.

When I posted this morning I also mentioned the above to a friend, his house has also been wired throughout with Cat6. He brought round the following;

Blustream HEX70B-KIT HDBaseT Extender Set - 70m (4K up to 40m), Bi-directional I - FutureShop.co.uk

Using the above we got a brilliant HD perfect picture but after a few hours of testing every option we couldn't get the IR to work, so to change channels we had to take the Sky remote back to the cupboard every time to change channels, which is crazy! Im now not sure if the Cat6 wiring is correct or been terminated at the wall incorrectly???

The link you posted above, is that basically the same as the link I posted??

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
We (Octava Inc) manufacture our own kit so whilst both systems use an HDBT Chip Set things vary after that.

Reliable IR is something we have always worked hard to ensure our systems deliver.

Joe

Member 319784

As Joe says, plenty of options out there for HD + IR matrices, we also have our own versions available on our website which may be worth checking out if you haven't already reached your decision! We also have a product selector tool which may assist with identifying which might be the most suitable for your home.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom