Aorus x750 Pro VGA Error LED

Hello everyone!

I had no idea this place existed, but I'm glad I stumbled upon it in my search for a solution to my issue.

So to cut to it, the issue I'm experiencing is that I plug everything in, confirm solid/stable connections, power on, and get no signal from the onboard HDMI out. I watch the LED error system and it goes through CPU and DRAM no problem, but then it hangs at the VGA LED. As it does, one of my front tower fans LEDs flickers for a moment, and then it seems that the boot sequence starts over because I see the error LEDs cycle from CPU to DRAM and hang again on VGA, this happens twice and then simply hangs indefinitely.

So far in my troubleshooting, I've checked the power requirements of my PSU (550w) and it seems sufficient for this model (500w +). The only peripherals I have connected to the MB are the ram, and the SSD. I've reset the CMOS, I've even flashed the BIOS via QFLASH +. I considered that the issue may either be my lack of understanding the proper way to connect the CPU cable from the PSU to the MB, but I'm not entirely sure.

I apologize if my information is inadequate, please ask for any additional info that may be required.

Here are my specs for this build:

- EVGA 550 B3, 80+ BRONZE 550W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-B3-0550-V3, Black
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra Gaming (8GB GDDR6/PCI Express 3.0/1695MHz/14000MHz)
- Seagate 2 TB BarraCuda 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive (7200 RPM, 256 MB Cache, SATA 6 Gb/s, Up to 220 MB/s, Model: ST2000DMZ08/DM008)
- Corsair 163301 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black
- Crucial MX500 CT500MX500SSD4 500 GB (3D NAND, SATA, M.2 Type 2280SS, Internal SSD)
- Gigabyte Aorus AMD x570 PRO Motherboard
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor (6C/12T, 35MB Cache, 4.2 GHz Max Boost)
- Fractal Design Focus G - Mid Tower Computer Case - ATX - High Airflow - 2x Fractal Design Silent LL Series 120mm White LED Fans Included - USB 3.0 - W

IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1081.jpg

Any help would be a life saver honestly. D:

Cheers!

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
You say “no signal from the onboard HDMI” you are plugging the monitor into the output on the graphics card and not the one on the motherboard ?

BontaKun3000

You need a gpu plugged in, ryzen won't give you any display cause it has no on board graphics.

EDIT: i should point out for other future veiwers that that model of ryzen doesn't have on board graphics.
Its the one with G after the number that do.

Last edited:

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Onboard graphics moved from the motherboard to the CPU with the demise of the Athlon 64 and FX models. So as Bonta says those outputs are only for CPUs that posses that feature such as the 3400G, and your 3600 isn't one of them.

DavidG1

In situations like this it usually pays to strip the board down to the essentials, GPU, one stick of RAM no hard drives/SSDs and see if you can get a stable boot. Make sure you have the 8 Pin (6+2pin) PCI-e connector fully plugged into the GPU card. If no better try a BIOS reset and try the other stick of RAM in a different position
It may also be useful to remove the CPU and check the pins haven't been damaged. After that you are left with swapping out the PSU, the GPU and motherboard for known good items and so is best left to a local workshop. Actual CPU failures are quite rare.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom