AOL bad connection towards ps3

SeeThru56

Standard Member
Any one else notice this ?? on call of duty 4 its just rubbish, red bar every other game

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethan2000

Ok now don't take this the wrong way but AOL are seriously crap and you should leave them behind at the first chance.

Zeromajor

Welcome to avforums, language like that is inappropriate and there is a seperate section for ps3 network related issues.

Please take the time to do a quick search around and view the rules & faq's before posting in the future, thanks.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Any one else notice this ?? on call of duty 4 its just rubbish, red bar every other game

this could be a long shot :
it's more of not! getting a connection...

but, try! this enter it on your ps3
http://www.avforums.com/forums/9447549-post976.html
if it dosent work then just revert back to the normal settings no harm done

as the other person said gid rid of AOL ...
do you have sky tv?
you can get there boardband for as little as £5 a month

andrew

theshabster

Distinguished Member
I used to use AOL/Talk Talk on a 8Mb connection, & it generally worked a treat - I was using a wireless connection via a Netgear DG834G hub.

I've now moved into my own palace of love, & signed up to O2 Access 8Mb (due to living in a non-LLU enabled area). A lot of people warned me against O2, but I've had no serious complaints since joining them 2 months ago.

My only slight complaint would be that PS3 downloads seem to be rather slow in peak periods, but that's to be expected to a certain extent.

theshabster

Distinguished Member
I used to use AOL/Talk Talk on a 8Mb connection, & it generally worked a treat - I was using a wireless connection via a Netgear DG834G hub.

I've now moved into my own palace of love, & signed up to O2 Access 8Mb (due to living in a non-LLU enabled area). A lot of people warned me against O2, but I've had no serious complaints since joining them 2 months ago.

My only slight complaint would be that PS3 downloads seem to be rather slow in peak periods, but that's to be expected to a certain extent.

CurlyPutz

I was having issues and after talking to the tech support fools I discovered I was on the wrong network, I was connecting using PPoA and it should be PPoE now, I also had to change the MTU setting and I had a different username [email protected] or something simluar instead [email protected].

Might be worth a call, they are a pain though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom