1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AOC PDP5084 plasma. Why so cheap?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by HCadvoKate, Oct 7, 2004.

1. HCadvoKate

HCadvoKate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

It would be interesting to hear your opinions on AOC plasma displays. I'm asking because they'r relatively cheap compared to products of other companies. U can get AOC PDP5084 display for ~2150 EU, here in Lithuania.
    It's priced ~2-3x times less than same size LG, Panny, Hitachi screens. Specs are fairly good...

1366 x 768
    1 : 3000

You can get full spec .pdf here : http://www.esys.hr/upl_data/aoc-pdp5084.pdf

Am I missing something? Why such a huge price difference? What can you expect if you go for on of these babies?

Thnx!

2. HCadvoKate

HCadvoKate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have anyone at least seen AOC pasma's in action?
    I'm looking for a decent and cheap plasma to use as PC monitor and sometimes as a TV. My budget is limited to < 2500 EU, so AOC PDP5084 is looking very attractive.

Any suggestions and opinions are very welcome!

Thnx!

3. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Can't say I'm familiar with AOC displays - I think I might have seen one of their computer monitors once, and it wasn't particularly good. Although the specs on the PDP are quite impressive - but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

One thing - according to their website (aocmintor.com), this PDP has been discontinued. Which would help to explain any really cheap prices.

4. VT 4 CCTV

VT 4 CCTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there all,
    I know that AOC is represented from Germany's Headoffice. Their main business is in PC Monitors, although our company had some early version 20" with HDMI input, it did not serve our purpose.
    There main production as mentioned previously is in the PC market, however, I do know of a supplier in the UK that sells the AOC 42" Plasma for £1449.00
    www.digitalvideos.co.uk

Hope this helps
    john

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    odd seems like it might be an NEC based unit or Samsung.... the paper specs seem very good and it would be high enough ress for a decent PC monitor..... and it has DVi which you would want to use for PC i suggest you go and see if you can see one in action before parting with the cash......

6. HCadvoKate

HCadvoKate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thnx for Your replys!

It would make things a lot more easier if I could see how this pdp performs. But the problem is that I can't find it anywhere on display... My dealer says it's a new product and they'r holding off to hear some feedback from companies/consumers. They agree to order it for me, but naturally I'll have to buy it independently I like it or not.
    Btw, grahamtriggs, I didn't find any information confirming that this model has been discontinued. It was released just recently, q4 2004.
    Well it seems that the smartest thing to do is to wait till this model becomes widely available (if at all), read consumer opinions or see it in action and make i final decision.

Again, thank you all.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    oddly paper specs are better than LG PX12 but one concern i have is it seems toooooooooooooooo cheap for a 50".........