AOC LCD TV Service Menu/Factory Mode

salco93

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I have an AOC LCD HD TV, model number: L27W551T and am experiencing ghosting issues only through component. I`ve tried many different cables but the ghosting isnt any better. Does anyone know how to get into the service menu on this tv so i can alter the settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

does anyone know? any help would be greatly appreciated?

yeah i would like to know this too

Another one asking for the service menu here; on my L32W551T, I'm getting ghosting around the edges of my picture input through component, regardless of what type of cable I use.

I've been after this for about a year, to see if the back light can be turned down. I don't think you'll find it. It may not exist.

I've been after this for about a year, to see if the back light can be turned down. I don't think you'll find it. It may not exist.

I would like to turn the backlight down a smidge, but personally, I'm more worried about the ghosting around letters and such through component. Maybe I'm just picky now, but I certainly didn't notice this at first, and now I'm getting worried it might be the set.

:( so there probably isnt one? :(

hey guys if i contact AOC would they tell me how to access the service menu?

hey guys if i contact AOC would they tell me how to access the service menu?

You could try but you MUST post back here if you get a result otherwise you will be banished forever from these shores. :D

lol

ok so will they know what iam talking about if i ask for the service menu or is there a more technical work for is

well i asked them and they said they can not provide that information to the end user :( laaaaaaaame

Well, you tried. ;)

What we need is someone on the inside to spill the beans.:D

i really need this service code, so if anyone has it could they please share it hear. I would be the happiest person on earth if someone did!

yeah

i need this!! some one call AOC and beg for it lol

After all this time, i still havent found a way to access this menu! Does anyone know how to enter the service menu on this tv? Please someone, i really need to alter some settings, and so do other people!! Please??!!

yeah i need it too!!

Someone needs to call AOC and DEMEND to know how to access the seervice menu lol

Please try this and post back if it works :) set Volume to 0; press Mute; enter 9876

Last edited:
I tried that, but nothing seems to be happening? Is there a special technique(like holding down the button while you type the numbers or something)??

I had to do it while the Source is TV. I was able to change Sources after the Factory Set Menu is open. Mine's a 22" AOC, by the way!

Last edited:
Also, I just tried '9877' and '9878'. They also do stuff :D

Last edited:
Unfortunately, them codes dont work. I dont know why! How did you find them out? Could you possible find out the codes for my tv? Thanks

I read the thread here. Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. I thought there was a chance it would since it does work on mine! I've seen other methods that didn't work on my set. I wouldn't know which to recommend!

Could you tell me where you found out them methods? Some of them might work for me? Thanks for you help

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom