AOC L32W451B went faulty...5wks old

Gedd

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i thought i would post my experience of returning my AOC and comment on the service i got...first off when LCD went faulty telephoned AOC and a van came 2 days later and with a box....so i thought great should get it back pretty soon....i wish....well to cut it short and after many of my phone calls and over 3 weeks later ( as they did not telephone me not once )...i'm actuall getting my LCD back BUT although i argued over the fact my LCD WAS NEW it was 4 days over their DOA period and was although deemed unrepareable they would not replace it for a new one so i had to settle for a refurbished which of course i am not happy at all with...as i paid for new and had to settle for a refurb which we all know a refurb sells for less..... and their customer service sucks big time as there is nothing they can tell you as they don't deal with the repairs....so you got to wait until they hear first which in my case 3 weeks to tell me my set was unrepaireable which i did tell them in the first place that it had a line of dead pixels....so i guess i'm glad it was unrepareable...god knows how long it would have took if it was fixable!.

Pretty poor service you got there mate :thumbsdow , I think it stinks that you buy a new set, 5 weeks in goes fubar, they after 3 weeks you have to accept a refurb, can`t you take it any further ?.

Where did you buy it and who handled the 'complaint'?

clemenzina

If i knew the means or how to i sure would mate....i were'nt to happy when i first received the LCD as it had a couple of dodgy fitted parts but did not want the hassle of returning (wish i did now) as long as it worked Ok....after arguing with and AOC all they give me was a complaints address but i did tell them i would post my findings on here and they could'nt care less....well i guess you live and learn...but i sure won't be recomending AOC to anyone....if anyone looking for a 32" go look @ Mirai/Hannspree.

Where did you buy it and who handled the 'complaint'?

clemenzina

Micro Direct is where i got the LCD....which i did telephone and tried my hardest to get a refund but got nowhere....if it goes 1 day over DOA period you can kiss goodbye to any refund or get a new replacement.

Damn disgrace :mad: I can understand how disappointed and angry you must be. I was thinking of getting AOC, and I still might cos any brand can turn out a dodgy one or two (and it seems LCDs are more likely to have problems than CRTs)... but it's how the retailer deals with it that counts. I certainly won't be patronising Micro Direct!

I've been seriously thinking about the Eveshams because they offer a 3-year on-site swap-out guarantee - I'm following the feedback on eBay from their sales and may order one from the main website cos they do 18 months interest free credit.

I presume your 2-year guarantee still stands and I sincerely hope your refurb turns out to be a star :)

clemenzina

Damn disgrace :mad: I can understand how disappointed and angry you must be. I was thinking of getting AOC, and I still might cos any brand can turn out a dodgy one or two (and it seems LCDs are more likely to have problems than CRTs)... but it's how the retailer deals with it that counts. I certainly won't be patronising Micro Direct!

I've been seriously thinking about the Eveshams because they offer a 3-year on-site swap-out guarantee - I'm following the feedback on eBay from their sales and may order one from the main website cos they do 18 months interest free credit.

I presume your 2-year guarantee still stands and I sincerely hope your refurb turns out to be a star :)

clemenzina

yes....i have also seen the same problem i got with a line of dead pixels also on 2 others LCD'S on here and one was a sharp:eek: ...so yes there will be dodgy sets no matter what make...but as for customer service is another thing...they might as well use some chimps lol....as they would be just as usefull...and Micro Direct i have purchased many items from them and still will....they are good although it does take a little time to get through to them:rolleyes: but are not too blame at all they did call AOC themselves twice and got two different answers....not sure if i stiil get 2yr warranty yet but will be asking....3 yr on site warranty for the EVESHAM do sound good....hope you get a good un whatever you choose.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom